𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙎𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣 - 𝐁𝐨𝐦𝐛𝐚𝐲'𝐬 𝐐𝐮𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠...

My POV
A few hours after my mom picked us up from the arena, she decided that she wanted to take us out to eat since we were hungry. We were driving in silence until my mom started the conversation.

"So girls. I heard that y'all had won y'all's first game. Great job y'all two, I'm proud of y'all. Sorry I couldn't make it, I had to watch Jayden. But the next game y'all have, me & your dad can try to make it.", my mom said

"Thanks mom, and it's okay if y'all can't next time. I know you two are always busy.", I said.

"Hey Jess, where are we going to eat at?", Willow asked my mom.

"We're going to eat at Mickey's today.", she said.

"Yayyyy.", we both said because we loved their food.

After driving a few miles, we finally made it to the dinner. We got off the car & we walked to the entrance.

...

As we walked in, we opened the door to see Bombay & Charlie sitting down at the booth. Charlie was doing his homework while talking to Bombay.

"Hi Charlie!", we both said giving him a hug.

"Hi girls.", he said smiling. We both had said hi to Bombay also.

"Hey mom, can I sit with our friend here?", I asked my mom.

"Sure! I'll be at the table behind y'all.", she said smiling at she walked over to the table to sit down.

Me & Willow got up on the stools to sit down. Willow was sitting next to Charlie & I was sitting next to her.

...

"So Charlie, you talk to the guys?", Bombay asked him.

"I tried. They think I'm a traitor for even showing up.", Charlie said.

Willow sighed & put her hand on his shoulder. "You're not a traitor Charlie, you did the right thing. Don't worry about it.", Willow said giving him a small smile.

He blushed at what she said & looked down at his homework to avoid eye contact with her to not make it awkward.

"I guess they really hate me, huh?", Bombay frowned looking down.

"They don't hate you Coach, they just need some time.", I said.

Charlie gave him a serious look. "Is it true that you were really a Hawk?", he asked in curiosity.

"Yeah.", Bombay said nodding his head slowly.

"Peter said you blew a really big game once.", Charlie said.

"Yeah. Well, Peter's right.", Bombay said.

"He's not always right Coach.", Willow laughed.

"It was the last game of the State finals. We were tied 2 to 2. In the end of the third period, I got a penalty shot. I go in a triple deke. I faked the goalie right out of his pads. The puck headed in, and then....clang! Hits the post.", Bombay said explaining the story to us.

Charlie groaned thinking that must've been horrible & embarrassing for him.

"We lost in overtime. A quarter of an inch this way and it would've been gone Charlie.", Bombay said.

"Well yeah, but a quarter inch the other way and you'd have missed completely.", Charlie said.

"I never thought of it that way.", Bombay chuckled.

"At least you got to play in a championship game. God, that must've been so cool!", Charlie said.

Mrs. Conway then approached us with a smile. "Hey. Can I get you a cup of coffee?", she asked Bombay nicely.