Clarke Griffin x John Murphy [3]

Clarke's eyes drifted over to Murphy who was embracing Emory. She sighed to herself.

I wish that was me, Clarke thought to herself glumly.

Murphy had saved her life - if it wasn't for him, she would be dead right now. Bellamy wiped the black blood from her face, Clarke's feeling unbeknownst to him. Murphy turned to look at Clarke then and her breath caught in her throat.

His blue eyes held an emotion she couldn't quite figure out. Was that...jealousy? But in a flash, it was gone and she could clearly see the emotion there now - anger. He strode over just as Bellamy turned around. Murphy gave him a death glare but Bellamy only walked off.

For all he knew, that was Murphy's normal look. Clarke hesitantly smiled up at Murphy and he held out a hand to help her up. Her heart pounded in her chest as her skin met his. Once she had gotten up from the chair, she tilted her head to look up at him.

Being this close, she could feel her cheeks start to heat up. Murphy moved a strand of blond hair out of her face and he smirked.

"Thank you...for what you did back there," Clarke finally spoke, trying not to let her voice betray her emotions.

He nodded, "Anytime, Griffin."

Suddenly, he leaned down and crashed his lips into hers. His lips tasted soft and warm. But it only lasted a few seconds before Murphy pulled away.

"See you around, princess." he said, smirking once more.

With that, he sauntered off, back over to the others who were still celebrating. Clarke just shook her head at Murphy's behavior and smiled.