Yes, We Can! [Once Upon A Time]

Author's Note: This piece also came from my roleplaying days back in 2013 with a different set of RPers. Unfortunately, we had differences in opinion when I wouldn't roleplay scenes that made me uncomfortable and we went our separate ways. I don't particularly like remembering  their rude words and the subsequent falling out but the roleplaying itself was fun while it lasted. By discarding others' ideas and simply sticking to my own, this piece was adapted. I hope y'all enjoy it <3

Charming sighed happily, peace filling every fiber of his being. His arms encircled his wife's petite waist as they stood in the doorway of their brand new apartment. It was a big step for the two of them - having their own place like this. In fact, they hadn't lived on their own since the castle all those years ago. It had been hard on Snow, making the decision to separate from Emma and Henry. But regardless of the fact that they had semi-recently been reunited, Emma was still a grown woman. Still their baby girl but nevertheless, an adult in her own right.

"Oh, Charming, our own house! I already miss Emma and Henry but...this is going to be so nice. I can even have my own little office for when I'm staying up late grading papers," Snow White beamed up at her husband.

He grinned, her excitement rubbing off on him. As they stepped into their apartment, they both immediately set to work getting set up the way they wanted. Then after numerous amounts of cardboard boxes had been unpacked - with still more to go - they took a break by settling in front of the TV for a while. Unfortunately, their couch had yet to be delivered so the two took a seat on the hardwood floor.

As his wife channel-surfed, an idea suddenly came to him. He requested a channel number then and she obliged. When a familiar yellow hard hat and baby blue overalls came into view, Snow White fixed her husband with a pointed look.

"Really? I should've known this was on. Why do you even watch it?" she asked.

He snatched the remote away with a sniff of hurt, "It brings me back to my childhood. Dr. Hopper said reliving happy memories from that time creates a connection with my inner child,"

She rolled her eyes in reply, "Charming, haven't I told you to quit taking advice from a cricket?"

"He's not a cricket anymore, remember? Now he's a living, breathing human like the rest of us,"

Just then, Rumplestiltskin appeared in the room in a cloud of purple smoke. Snow arched one perfectly sculpted eyebrow at her husband.

"Well...most of us anyway," he amended.

Rolling her eyes with a sigh, she got up and began to walk towards their bedroom before calling over her shoulder, "Go ahead and watch for a while. I've got more unpacking to do."

Ignoring Rumple who was still standing in the room, Charming lost himself in the show just as the theme song began to play.

"May I join you, dearie?" the beast asked, a particularly unsettling smile plastered to his reptilian face.

Skepticism reigned supreme in his expression but he nodded nevertheless. Rumple didn't hesitate to accept the invitation as he sat down cross-legged beside Charming. And then they began to sing...or shout. With the reverberation off the walls in the tiny apartment, it was rather hard to tell the difference.

"BOB THE BUILDER! CAN WE FIX IT?! BOB THE BUILDER! YES, WE CAN!" the two sang at the top of their lungs, arms slung over each others' shoulders in animated comradery.

Let's just say the next door neighbors were not pleased with the new tenants.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌𝐒 || 𝐌𝐮𝐥𝐭𝐢-𝐅𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐦 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐭𝐬 🎉