Draco Malfoy x reader

Author's Note: This was SO MUCH FUN to write!! It helped that I listened to a "Slytherin party" playlist while writing this XD Hope y'all enjoy <3

Upon reflection, perhaps sneaking into a Slytherin rager was...well, not the best idea. Then again, my ideas had never been exactly safe or well-thought out. That according to my adopted sister and fellow Gryffindor, Hermione Granger. Then again, Hermione had never been one to break the rules. Except for maybe that one time with the D.A.

Although, to be fair, it was only by a crazy woman's orders that it was deemed "breaking the rules". So maybe even that wasn't wrong in Little-Miss-Perfect's eyes. As for me though, I had always been a rule-breaker, not follower - the whole reason that a certain Slytherin had caught my eye and hence the crashing of said rager.

Combing my fingers through my hair once before straightening out my very stolen green-and-black robes, I waited in the shadows until a couple of Slytherin girls passed by. The taller of the two uttered a password as soon as the door swung open and the big guy in the doorway whom I knew to be Crabbe nodded once to her before letting them both pass. Now was my chance.

Striding as fast as possible as I did, I managed to weave my way past them and slip unnoticed inside. The music blared loudly from somewhere I couldn't define, drowning out almost all else except, of course, for the babble of muted conversations around me. If I hadn't grown up in a Muggle household, I probably would have been shocked beyond all recognition. Good for me I had grown up watching old movies like Dirty Dancing, I suppose.

Trying to burn the image of Goyle dancing with a girl on the dance floor from my brain, I shuddered before making my way over to the table full of illegal alcohol. How the Slytherins had scored all of this Firewhiskey was anyone's guess really.

Just then, a guy bumped into me, sloshing alcohol all over the floor. I deftly stepped out of range before it soaked my robes.

A laugh escaped his mouth at the mishap, "Sorry, mate. Didn't see you there,"

Glancing up, I recognized his features immediately and my eyebrows arched involuntarily. Standing before me was a - thankfully - very inebriated Blaise Zabini. However, due to said intoxication, he seemed not to remember who I was. Lucky me.

"Why you still got your robes on?" he asked, his own eyebrows furrowed in confusion before hooking a thumb towards the bouncer at the entrance so that he sloshed more Firewhiskey onto the floor, "Shed 'em over there by the door."

My mouth made an 'O' as I finally noticed that all those around me only wore their school uniforms. As Zabini stumbled off in the opposite direction, I shrugged off my robe and let it fall to the floor before effectively kicking it under a table. Unbeknownst to me, a pair of hypnotizing gray eyes had been watching me ever since I stepped foot in this party.

Finally reaching the table full of alcoholic beverages in the back of the room, I breathed a sigh of relief before nabbing myself a glass. The Firewhiskey burned my throat as it went down and my eyes fluttered shut for it was a welcome sting in this den of snakes - pun intended. I turned around then as a young dark-haired Slytherin boy named Timothée asked me to dance and accepting his offer, let him spin me out onto the dance floor. The music blared from the speakers, the beat rushing through my blood as we danced, our bodies entangled in the rhythm. Timothée's hand grasped mine then, spinning me out once more before I was whisked into a hard chest.

Glancing up, slightly annoyed at being torn away from the cute boy I had previously been dancing with, I was met with a stunning gray-eyed gaze that took my breath away. It took me about five seconds, though, to recognize that white-blond hair and smug smile. As soon as I did, a scowl took over my face and I began to push myself away.

Draco laughed, a sound not so unpleasant in itself, as I struggled against him, not relenting his grip on me an inch.

"Let go of me, Malfoy!" I hissed, glaring up at his towering form.

He arched a perfectly sculpted eyebrow, clearly amused at catching me out, "Why? What are you gonna do if I don't, Granger? Ask your little friends for help?"

Draco leaned in close to my ear then, his warm breath making me shiver as he whispered, "Oh, wait. They're not here,"

I shoved him away from me but he only laughed as if I'd made a joke. Too many years, he had spent tormenting my sister and her friends. So why had I always found myself so insufferably attracted to him?

Perhaps it was the rumors of his difficult upbringing at Malfoy Manor, the whispers of his father being a former Death Eater, and all of the haunting persona that came with being a Malfoy. True, I did pity him that. But more than anything else, I found myself sympathetic and even a little drawn to that darkness that lived inside of him because of it.

Not, of course, that I'd ever told a soul. Not even Hermione. Somehow, I knew they'd never understand.

I crossed my arms over my chest, arching my eyebrows at him, "So are you going to kick me out then? "I'm a Prefect" and all that rubbish?"

He smirked and I swear I could feel my heart skip a beat in my chest at the expression but brushed it off.

"Now why would I do such a thing?" he asked, closing the distance between us and pushing back a stray strand of hair from my face with slender, pale fingers, "That would ruin all the fun."

His hand grasped mine then and spun me out before our bodies collided on the dance floor. I'm not sure if it was the music, my intoxicated state, or perhaps just the nearness of Draco Malfoy but whatever it was, it was the most freedom I'd felt in years as we danced to Chase Atlantic and The Neighbourhood. Draco's hands roamed my back and waist, creating streaks of fire on my skin as we entwined to the beat. It could have lasted hours or mere minutes but it felt like forever. In that moment, I was not a Gryffindor and he was not a Slytherin - we were just two people lost in attraction, two people lost in each other.

As I looked up into his misty-gray gaze, I felt all sense leave me as my lips collided into his in a blur of passion. Draco wasted no time in kissing me back, both of us getting lost in the euphoria. His mouth was warm and soft on my own, our lips fitting together like pieces of a puzzle. It was perfect. My fingers found the nape of his neck, playing with strands of his white-blond hair.

This couldn't last forever - I knew that much. And everyone would detest the thought of us together - I knew that much, too. But in that moment, we were the only two people that existed. In that moment, I could think of nothing but Draco Malfoy.