Gilbert Blythe x reader [Pt. 1]

A light breeze blew through the Snow Queen's leaves just outside of Anne Shirley-Cuthbert's window. It was a beautiful sight, especially the flowers already beginning to bud.

You may be asking yourself "how in the world does this girl know what Anne's tree is doing in this very moment?". In which I would answer back, "Mind your own business."

Nope, that was too rude. In all honesty? I live right across the field from her and have ever since she was taken in by the Cuthberts.

A nice, older pair they were and getting on in years, if I'm being truthful with you, reader. But nice nevertheless and apparently able to put up with Anne's shenanigans. And trust me when I say that Anne Shirley-Cuthbert had her fair share of shenanigans. Not, um...not that I was involved enough to, uh...to know such things. Call me an outside observer, if you will. Yeah, that sounds a lot better.

Which, I suppose, is where we will start our story. Now brace yourself - ahead will lay a great adventure but also peril, humor, heartwarming moments and, oh, yes, love, too.

For me? Are you out of your mind, reader?! This is Anne's story, not mine, okay?

Although...there may have been a few...incidents...involving a certain...Blythe.

*sighs*

Yeah, whatever, let's just get to the story, shall we?