Lost & Found [Lightning Point]

Author's Note: This one shot began back in my roleplaying days in 2013. Although I no longer roleplay, I kept this old draft of writing and decided to publish it nearly as is. The writing style is different but I hope you enjoy it all the same <3

I walked around the empty kitchen looking for the girls.

Me: I wonder where everyone went?

Suddenly, Zoey popped up from behind the counter.

Me: Oh. Hey, Zo-

Zoey: KIKI!!! Come help me!!

I furrowed my eyebrows. Zoey, seeing my confusion, explained.

Zoey: I've lost my plasma card.

Me: Oh, well I can help you look if you want me to.

She eyed me.

Zoey: Oh, well, alright. Not sure how much help a human can be though...

I just rolled my eyes at her comment. Just then, Kiki ran into the kitchen.

Kiki: What's wrong? I was just outside with Amber when I heard you calling me.

Zoey: I've lost my plasma card.

Kiki: What?! What do you mean you've lost it?

Zoey: I went to Amber's room to charge up. So I left it on the counter. And when I came back, it was gone!

Kiki: Okay, don't panic! We'll help you look for it.

Zoey: Just you two? What about Amber? She should help, too.

Kiki: She can't. She had to go with her mother to the vet to see about Piper.

Zoey gritted her teeth in annoyance. She'd always hated that dog. Ever since it had left her and Kiki stranded here on Earth.

Zoey: Fine. Just us then, I suppose.

Me: Well, we better start looking.

Kiki, Zoey, and I ran around the house looking for it, nearly tearing the house apart in the process. Suddenly, something occurred to me.

Me: Hey, guys.

Kiki and Zoey looked up from their seats on the floor in the kitchen where they had previously been searching the cabinets.

Me: If Amber is at the vet's with her mom and you two are here with me...then where are Luca and Brandon?

Their eyes widened at what this could mean.

Kiki: You don't think-

Zoey: It's very possible. Brandon was pretty upset after he lost his plasma card.

Me: But he wouldn't have stolen it, right? I mean, he doesn't seem like a thief.

Zoey: No...but maybe he borrowed it. Hmm. Come on, girls. We're going to have a little chat with Brandon.

The girls and I marched over to Luca and Brandon's house. We all stopped as we heard shouting from inside. Hurriedly, I opened the door to find Luca chasing Brandon around the room.

Luca: Just give it back, Brandon! It's not yours!

Brandon: It's those aliens' fault that I lost mine! I deserve this one!

Luca: But it doesn't belong to you! You shouldn't have taken it in the first place!

Brandon: Oh, come on, Luca! Just let me play around with it a little while!

Me: GUYS!!!

Luca and Brandon stopped their arguing to look at me.

Me: What is going on here? Brandon, did you steal Zoey's plasma card?

Brandon bowed his head in shame.

Me: Brandon, give the card back to Zoey.

Brandon stayed silent and didn't move.

Me: Brandon!

He still didn't move.

Me: BRANDON!

Brandon: Fine!

He walked over to Zoey and slapped the card down into her waiting palm. He then stalked out of the house.

Luca: Sorry about him. Guess he's still a little worked up about losing his.

Kiki: It's fine.

Zoey scoffed.

Zoey: It is not! He stole it from me-

Kiki elbowed Zoey. She only rolled her eyes in response before exiting the house. Now everything was silent...and a little awkward due to the smiles and glances between Kiki and Luca. I cleared my throat.

Me: So, you guys, wanna grab a juice with me?

They both nodded in unison and we all walked to the diner.