02;; those who fell mustn't speak of heaven

02;; those who fell
mustn't speak of heaven

Jungkook was beyond excited, a grin on his face, lips wide and teeth gleaming. Areum watched form the kitchen, a warm mug in-between her palms, another steaming cup across from her, waiting for Jungkook it sit down.

He ran past the doorway, socks and jeans in hand, an over-sized jumper covering his small body before he appeared again, fully dressed.

"Do I look okay?" He pouted, glancing down at his body. Areum smiled fondly, nodding her head slowly. "I'm meeting Yoongi-ah. It's just for lunch but,"

"You want to look your best?" His mother grinned, pushing the mug closer to Jungkook. He peered down the cup, noticing his favourite hot drink - hot chocolate with extra coca and a fluffy bunny marshmallow floating around in the top.

"Mhm. Always," He took a sip, the sugary drink flooding his tastebuds. "I just need to brush my teeth and then I'll be off,"

Areum hummed, rubbing the mug between her hands. Jungkook was growing up. And no matter how much she hated this simple fact, she still couldn't bring herself to stop him from leaving.

The stranger in the hospital buzzed in her mind. Even after eighteen years, she can still remember the cold aura he brought, the chills spinning down her spin. The promise that he would one day take Jungkook was something that kept her up all night, her skin pale and eyes ringed by dark circles. Jungkook often worried about his fragile mother, but she always reassured him the best she could, not allowing him to spend a day of his life not living it how he wanted too.

From the age of five, Areum had noticed slight shadows in the corner of her eyes, the feeling that someone is always there watching. She knew it was just simple paranoia, but the coldness that spiked in her room, had her wondering if she truly was going insane, or if what she felt and thought was truly happening - not just inside her mind.

But Jungkook grew up, making friends and meeting new people. It was so hard to keep track on who was involved and close to Jungkook that Areum nearly pulled him out of school, deciding to homeschool him. But Jungkook had a gleam in his eye when he dragged a rather skinny boy towards his mother after school one day, demanding that this is his new best friend, the boy with a wide gummy smile.

How could she ever take him away from happiness? It felt like a punishment, knowing that Jungkook could have everything taken away from him by a stranger.

She also knew of his preferred type when it came to romantic relationships.

Areum watched over Jungkook like a hawk; it was obvious she was going to notice one day along the line. Maybe it was his slight obsession with Itzy and Twice that pulled him out of the crowd. It was defiantly the boy he 'secretly' kissed behind the bike shelter that one time. It was just experimental to Jungkook, but Areum could tell it helped him make up his mind.

She knew for certain when Yoongi came over for the day, the way Jungkook held a blush on his cheeks, a small smile whenever the boy spoke. It was as though he was amazed that somebody like Yoongi could exist. Jungkook was sweet and kinds, Yoongi growing up at the hands of his father, making him rougher around the edges.

She sometimes blamed herself for Jungkook's feminine tendencies, but when she truly looked at her son, she knew he was happy - and making the right choices for himself. Sometimes he needed the extra push, but didn't everyone?

"At you heading out right now?" Areum noticed the keys dangling from Jungkook's hand. She glanced at the time, wasn't ten in the morning too early for lunch?

"Yoongi said he had something to show me so we decided to meet up earlier," Jungkook shrugged half-heartily, Areum pursing her lips slightly, "I know the drill, no talking to strangers, never accept anything from anyone I don't trust and keep my phone off silent at all times,"