29;; happiness is not always granted

Jungkook kept his arms wrapped tightly around Taehyung's waist, gripping tightly onto the demon's clothes, leaning his head onto his back. Everyone was back, huddled around a small fire that they had to keep low due to fear of being discovered.

Namjoon bit his lip carefully, glancing over at Taehyung before looking over at Seokjin. The Angel was hunched over, wings wrapped tightly around his body to protect him from the cold, his eyes glossy from tears. The woods were an experience - one that Namjoon would turn back time to take back. But he already knew it was too late.

Jimin laid back into Hoseok, watching the orange flames crackle and lick upon the logs, sighing as he looked at Jungkook, just wishing he could stop his fate from happening, stop his life from crumbling in front of him. He wanted to protect Taehyung from the fate placed upon his beloved - the only man he has ever loved.

"Are you warm enough?" Taehyung whispered, shifting a little as Jungkook hummed, staring out into the city below, the forest opening up just slightly to reveal the twinkling lights that were soon to be destroyed. Taehyung let his wings fly out from his back, softly wrapping them around Jungkook, biting his lip as he felt his human turn around in his arms, meeting his eyes.

"Thank you," He mumbled, staring down at Taehyung's chest before he smiled a little. "I think I'll remember this moment for the rest of my life, however long that will be,"

Taehyung ran a hand over Jungkook's hair, furrowing his eyebrows. "However long that will be?"

Jungkook bit his lip. "I want to be with you, forever. After this war, will you make me immortal?"

"Jungkook I-"

"Humans aren't supposed to live forever. Granted, bonding with Taehyung will turn you immortal, but it doesn't mean that you won't age or be killed," Namjoon spoke, Seokjin turning his head towards his own soulmate, furrowing his eyebrows. "You run risk of becoming just a shell of who you were as a human if you let Taehyung have his way with you,"

"I wasn't told that, I was told that everything would be fine," Jungkook whispered, glancing up at Taehyung. The demon was looking away, his lip pulled between his teeth. "Why am I only just finding out about this now,"

"I didn't want to tell you because I didn't want to ruin my chances of having you," Taehyung selfishly proclaimed, closing his eyes as he felt Jungkook shuffle out of his wings, pulling back. It hurt - to be rejected by your soulmate so suddenly.

"So you were just going to let me ruin my life? Was this your plan? To bond with me and then make me dependent on you?"

Taehyung clicked his tongue against the roof of his mouth. "No. I was just going to let you go back to the human world, back to the reality you wanted,"

Jungkook said nothing, staring out into the crackling fire as Jimin pressed a hand to his forehead before shaking his head. "You need to know what Jungkook's fate is," He called out, watching the demon's head snap to his own, Jungkook still sitting motionless, staring into the flames.

"He is fated to die within this war," Jimin explained, Taehyung narrowing his eyes as Jungkook still said nothing - as though these words were not affecting him, even though each syllable was like a knife in his chest. "You have to protect him. The only way is to get him away from Hell,"

"Isn't that what I'm doing? I'm doing my best Jimin for my soulmate, for my cherished, just because you don't have someone of your own, doesn't mean you can just ridicule me,"

"He's no ridiculing you, Taehyung, I was there when that... creature appeared," Hoseok mumbled, running a hand through his hair. "The best way to make sure that Jungkook lives is to take him out of Hell, to send him back to his mother,"