16;; a kiss of life and a kiss of death

16;; a kiss of
life and a kiss
of death

"Have you found anything?"

Seokjin glanced over at Namjoon, the guardian leant in the doorway of the library. His eyebrows were pulled together in a frim gaze, and the angel took his time to admire the fit physique that he was sporting, clear that he trained more often than not. He was still in shock, that he was his cherished, he didn't believe that angels could be demons cherished, but then again Jungkook was Taehyung's and he was a mortal.

"Nothing. These books are just repeating the same thing. Min Sungmin was killed in a way that only a few have been killed before. Nothing about his crimes or if he is still around." Seokjin shrugged. The books were old and ragged, yellow pages thick and almost unreadable. The spine was falling off most of the novels, Seokjin having no idea what he was truly reading from.

"Min Sungmin was one of the worst criminals to ever exist in our realm." Namjoon nodded, agreeing with Seokjin's statement. "Hades never reported his crimes, so no one ever knew what they were." He stalked forward, brushing the dust from one of the covers, reading the gold imprinted writing.

"Well if Hades never reported the crimes then how are we going to find out what he did? This is leading us to a dead end." Seokjin exclaimed, leaning back in the living chair, the soft cushioning making him seem smaller than he actually was. He rubbed his eyes, the tiredness of staying up all night reading beginning to affect him. "This is hopeless."

The guardian smiled, running his finger along the length of one of the books. Seokin watched the tip trail against the leather, noting the veins stringing up his digits, meeting the ones on the back of his hands.

"I think you're playing a game you're already destined to lose, Seokjin."

The angel glanced up, meeting the dark eyes of Namjoon. If there was one thing that Seokjin had learnt from spending these weeks amongst the demons was that they knew everything. They had so much more power than the archangels, so much more strength on their side. But the archangels had the power of Holy, the only thing that can kill demons. This gave them a major advantage, one that Seokjin hadn't thought about. The fight between the demons and the angel had ended in tragedy, Seokjin being taught that demons were nothing but blood hungry creatures, simply out to ruin and destroy the world.

It was far from true - demons simply protected their own.

Angels instead wanted to destroy anything that they didn't see as their sense of 'normal'. But the demons knew that nothing was normal, they accepted most people, even challenging those who committed sins that were a little too much - even for Hell. But the angels only saw lust and revenge, red-eyed creatures hungry for blood, when in truth, the demons were some of the most sincere people Seokjin had met, fighting for their own and protecting each other. Taehyung protected Jungkook. He treated a mere mortal better than the angels treated their own.

It was harrowing, watching and feeling himself question everything he had ever learnt. He had a mission, Sepharium had made that perfectly clear. But now as Seokjin was faced with a guardian, claiming to have him as his cherished, wanting him as his own, he couldn't help but wonder if his own life had been a lie - if this innocent facade that the angels displayed was simply that; a mask to cover up their own doubts and questions.

The war had ended ages ago, so why were his people hanging onto something that had been and gone. Why was his own family feeding him with information, almost propaganda that the angels meant no harm, that they were in the right and the demons suffered no consequences. The people in this palace were suffering, suffering with the lies spread, the fear people shared about them. Hades seemed to not bear a glance at the whispers about how evil he was but Taehyung was full of humanity, and he could even tell that Namjoon feared for what would come out of his and Jungkook's marriage.