10;; a curse can be removed only if you say please

10;; a curse can
be removed only
if you say please

Two Thousand Years Ago

Cheers can be heard as the clicking of horses' hooves sounded throughout the corridor. Hell was raging, flames pouring out from the floor, heat beaming from both floor and ceiling.

A small Kim Namjoon waited eagerly within the crowd, gripping tightly onto his mother's arm, eyes wide and hopeful as he glanced over at the front of the parade. This was his dream. Having everyone look at him with such high honour, as he was celebrated, his name brought to the top of everyone's minds.

His mother, however, watched with a greuling pit in her stomach, her mind not thinking of these soldiers as brave nor honourable. Instead they were killing people's loved ones, their families. How can peace be made if killing is still happening?

Hades grinned from his throne, the army leading up from the corridor, the crowd around them cheering. It was home day, the day that the guardians finally returned home from the lengthy war between those and the mortals.

It was supposed to be a celebration - everyone's loved ones finally coming home, returning to their open arms and kissing their lips delicately. But instead, the horror spread wide onto Hades face, his mouth dropping open as Lucifer appeared next to him in a flash of flames, mouth set in a straight line.

Jin-young stood forward at the front of the parade, his long blonde hair cast behind him. His arm was wrapped in a bandage that was no longer white, a mixture of crimson and dirt, the cloth barely hanging on. Behind him, the rest of the guardians limped, their eyes torn with gashes, some having to put pressure on wounds that wouldn't stop bleeding.

This is what rebellion looked like. The corridor had fallen so quiet, you would be able to hear a pin drop delicately onto the floor.

Hades stood, furrowing his eyebrows as Jin-young bowed down the best he could. The King immediately shook his head, pulling the boy to stand. "What happened?" He spoke quietly, eyes glancing behind the leader. There were hardly any guardians back, a small pile of cloth laid in one of the wagons, and if Hades had any sort of sense, he would know that they were likely bodies. "What happened?" He boomed louder, Jin-young biting his lip.

"We went to the place where we were told. When we got there-" Jin-young sighed, rubbing his non-injured hand down his face. "It wasn't the mortals that were there. It was the Archangels. They tricked us. Before we knew it, Holy fire and water was being sprayed and thrown from every direction." He winced inwardly at the memory, moving his eyes up to meet the harsh stare of Hades. "We're lucky to have made it out alive."

A whimper sounded throughout the corridor, a woman rushing forwards as she grabbed onto one of the guardians arms. She wept, tugging at his limb. "My son. Where is he? Young-jae, he left the day before. He promised me he would come back!" She wailed loudly, falling onto her knees as the guardian only looked at her, no emotion in his eyes. It was harrowing, how the screams and cries echoed throughout the empty hall.

Hades sighed, glancing up at Lucifer. The demon shook his head. They could never trust the Archangels again, their own people ripped apart both physically and emotionally, cursed by the ones who were supposed to bring joy and peace.

Namjoon watched, The poor boy stood with his eyes wide open, now gripping cowederly onto his mothers arm, watching the woman weep and the gurdainas stand so numbly, they would've been mistaken for statues if it wasn't for the gentle rise and fall of their shoulders every now and again.

Later on that evening, his mother and father graced him with a meal of meat and vegetables, a common delcialy after the arrival of the guardians. It was supposed to be a meal of celebration. But instead the family ate quietly, mind still spinning with the events that happened earlier today.