31;; shattered and left souless

The grass was soft underneath Jungkook's palms, his head felt dizzy and his stomach swirled with nausea. He just wanted to be back within the demon's arms again, Taehyung's tender looks and touches that he took for granted when instead he should've been enjoying them.

He pushed himself up, instantly regretting it as his head span, pounding against his temples. He more than likely had a concussion, but it wasn't as though he could lay around and recover. No, he had to find either Hoseok or Yoongi, the field expanding through a vast area.

Jungkook pushed himself up, trying to ignore how heavy his head felt on his neck and how his hands shook and his whole body simply felt defeated. He was greeted with a direct view of the city, the once beautiful temples and architecture now crumbling in piles of ashes and soot.

He felt his palms grow sweaty as fear settled deep within his stomach. He promised he would be strong for Taehyung, but now that he was here, staring out onto the true damage that had been done, he was unsure about whether he could keep his promise. But Jungkook pushed on, begin to walk towards the edge of the forest, hoping he would find one of his friends along the way.

He thought back to his mother, how she so desperately clung to him, begging him to stay. His heart wept and cried for her, but he knew he couldn't, not when Taehyung was here, still surrounded by this horror and war. He wanted to come back, make Taehyung see that he too loved him as much as his mouth whispered.

Jungkook managed to reach a small opening within the woods, water running gently in the background, and blackberry bushes spotted about, making his mouth water as he thought about the last time he truly ate something. He moved forward, quickly grabbing a couple of berries and popping them into his mouth before turning to the stream.

It felt so familiar as he reached a handout, touching the glistening water. It sparkled around his fingers his heart clenching as he remembered why this place felt like home. He sat back, looking around, his head flashing the memories of his dreams – the ones Taehyung used to contact him all that time ago. He wanted to treasure his time here, feel the grass beneath his palms and the cool water now swirling around his ankles.

But something rustled in the back, Jungkook quickly springing up, hands out as a way to almost protect himself. He knew whatever was there, if it wanted to attack, could kill him with the touch of its hand, but he still hoped he had a small chance.

"I thought I'd find at least one of you here," The voice was deep, raspy. The demon stepped forward, eyes dark and blazed, its wings a mixture of both black and white, matching the streaks within its dark hair. Jungkook felt conflicted, he had no idea who this man was, yet his aura felt slightly comforting. "You took a risk you know, coming back,"

"I know," Jungkook croaked out, he stood straighter, hoping to at least give off a slightly intimidating aura. The other narrowed his eyes before sighing, moving into the clearing a little more.

"Humans have always been so stupid and pathetic, they don't understand the concept of danger until they're in the middle of it,"

Jungkook bit his tongue, feeling a defence rising within his throat – but he was sure that if he stepped out of line that this demon would more than likely hang him from one of these trees. So instead, he nodded, as a subtle way of agreeing.

"I've been told to bring you to Aphrodite. She wants a... how should a put this? A word," He tutted, staring at Jungkook for a little longer before running his fingers through his hair, the different shades mixing. "I just didn't realise that you'd be so scrawny and small, when was the last time you ate?"

The human said nothing, staring at the dusty floor beneath his feet. He heard the subtle whoosh of wings, indicating that the demon had either flown off or came much nearer to Jungkook. He stumbled back a little when he looked up, the blazing eyes now staring into his own.