27;; the price of purity and innocence

"We need to find your father. And prancing around in silly outfits and attending festivals is going to simply do nothing of the sort." Aphrodite sighed, pressing a hand onto her forehead. Taehyung shrugged his shoulders, leaning back in his chair - the marble was becoming cold and uncomfortable, but he didn't wish to anger the goddess anymore.

"My father is likely shackled up somewhere being beaten for information he hasn't got," Taehyung spoke, his tone showing boredom as Persephone rolled her eyes, pushing off her throne and standing up, making her way over to the cocky demon.

"I have willingly housed your people, yet you have the guts to sit here and act like your father's life means nothing," She jabbed a finger into Taehyung's shoulder, eyes blazing inside the pupils as she stood up straight, moving over to a small table that house various drinks, pouring a bright red liquid before taking a sip from the cup. "When Jungkook was taken back to the human realm, you instantly went after him, I've never seen someone so eagerly save another species before,"

"Me and Jungkook are different, we cannot be separated-"

"Yet this man is your father, the one ruler of Hell, yet you seem far from bothered that he could be being beaten to death, whilst you prance around at festivals and parties, kissing boys under fireworks," Aphrodite shouted. "Your engagement shocked Hell, so many people wanted you and that human of yours dead. Instead, they decided to take what they thought would hurt you the most,"

Taehyung said nothing, running a hand through his hair. It would break him if he came to find Jungkook taken, yet why was he being so nonchalant about his own father. He bit his lip, still tasting the younger upon his own lips. He didn't know what to think.

"I cannot answer that. It's not a simple question."

"To you maybe," Aphrodite glanced over at Taehyung. "You know that I would kill to have my own parents back? I thought that maybe you would feel the same about your own. Clearly, I was more than mistaken,"

"I'm not going to start a war," Taehyung quickly spoke. "I'm not going to destroy other cities and communities. I'm not my father and I never will be,"

Aphrodite scoffed, her crystal glass clinking as it hit the marble side table. "You're everything your father was and more. Kidnapping an innocent boy? Manipulating him into kissing you? Is he really your soulmate Taehyung?"

Taehyung flew up from his chair, black wings escaping his back, wooshing behind him as he gripped Aphrodite's throat, pinning her against a column. He hissed, eyes flashing red, fangs beginning to protude.

"You know nothing about me or Jungkook. He is my soulmate, mine to cherish and love. Yet, you wouldn't know about love, would you?" Taehyung glared, eyes narrowing as Aphrodite smiled, eyebrows raising, lips pursed as she leant forward as much as she could.

"You're exactly like your father," She spat, grinning widely. "I knew I could prove it, I just need to rile you up a little more and we'll have the perfect demon gone rogue," She hummed, reaching a hand up, dragging her long nails down Taehyung's face. "I think I'll start with that little soulmate of yours, don't you?" 

Before Taehyung had a chance to wrap his hands that were around her neck even tighter, she was gone, leaving Taehyung to collapse on the floor, his giant wings resting behind him.

-

"What did Aphrodite want?" Jimin mumbled, leaning up against a marble pillar, he pushed himself off, making a point of walking towards Taehyung. The demon sighed, pushing a hand through his hair, he glanced around before carefully taking Jimin's arm within his hand, pulling him into a small corridor.