12;; death comes with a price of greed

12;; death comes
with a price of greed

Jungkook hadn't spoken one word for about two weeks, his gaze dead, eyes with no light behind them.

He ate little to nothing, his body slowly breaking down, the muscle falling off of his body. He was skin and bones, and all Taehyung could do was watch. He didn't trust the demon, he would barely look his way when he entered the room, talking about how Jungkook was going to die if he kept this up. He wondered sometimes if that's what Jungkook was aiming for - death.

Hoseok tried to give him a bigger meal, providing him with cooked meals such as burgers and even going as far as cooking him some traditional Korean food, the smell tingingling Jungkook's nose. It all smelled delicious, and it was hard to resist eating it. But Jungkook prevailed, taking a small bite of each dish before pushing them away.

It was always a somber time, going into Jungkook's room. The boy not only looked unhappy but he felt unhappy too. Taehyung felt like it was out of his hands, not knowing how to cheer the boy up. He spent hours thinking about what humans did for fun, and didn't reach a conclusion. Demons had fun in their own ways such as torturing and scaring people. He decided that that wasn't Jungkook's thing and the mortal would probably be more upset.

Instead he recruited Hoseok, the boy quickly informing him of his love for ballet, explaining that he would feel better if he could 'dance his troubles away'. With Hoseok's corny statement in mind, Taehyung managed to buy him a pair of black satin ballet shoes, now standing outside the boy's door with the pair in his hand. He hoped it would work, the fear of Jungkook becoming a wandering soul becoming far too real as he heard no movement behind the door.

It creaked open, revealing Jungkook staring outside from the windowsill, just like he did everyday. Taehyung let the door shut behind him before approaching the said boy, ballet shoes in his hand. He cleared his throat, waiting for Jungkook to turn around. When he didn't, he let out a small sigh, proceeding with what he came here for.

"I brought you these." Taehyung spoke softly, placing the shoes on a small table that rested in front of the boy. "I heard about your love for ballet, and I thought this would help."

Jungkook twitched slightly at the mention of ballet. It was true, he had been itching to practice, to push all of his thoughts into something that made him feel so free and wonderful. But he hadn't dared to delve into something so innocent here, if what Taehyung was saying was true, then they were in Hell, a place of Sin.

He turned to stare at the shoes. They were black, the complete opposite of what Jungkook strived for during ballet. Pink was the colour of a small boy's blush as he innocently spoke to his high school crush. Black was the colour of Taehyung's wings, so dark and sinful. But the material felt the same under Jungkook's fingertips, the soft satin a reminder of the times he spent twirling in the ballet studio, no weight beneath his feet and freedom floating through his fingertips.

Taehyung was trying to make him feel at home - make him feel comfortable.

He did. He was comfortable living his small town life with an overprotective mother and a long-term crush on his best friend that would've never gone anywhere. He was happy he had no drama in his life, that the wind whistled through the windows at night and the lights flickered during sunny days. But now, Jungkook was living a nightmare. And Taehyung was trying to make him accept that.

Jungkook didn't want to accept that this was his fate. That he had to marry this demon prince else he will be stuck in a limbo, wandering for days on end, wailing and crying, wishing for death only to remember that this is death, and there was simply nowhere out.