𝐪 𝐮 𝐚 𝐭 𝐨 𝐫 𝐳 𝐞

Arriving to the Cullen's house, Madelyn got out of the car and almost punched Bella, but before she could, Nathaniel was in front of her, pressing kisses on every spot of her face

"Patience, mon amour. Tu pourras te venger après tout ça," [Patience, my love. You can get revenge after all of that] Nathaniel lastly pecked her lips before guiding her inside. Madelyn didn't listen to her imprint and slapped Bella, not with all her strength but still sending her to the ground.

"I promise Isabella, if you do something like that again, if you talk like that to dad again, you'll regret it," Madelyn threatened Bella, who was holding her cheek, glaring at her older sister, hateful with a bit of fear in her eyes. Edward almost attacked Madelyn, but Nathaniel got in front of his mate, crossing his arms menacingly. The bronze-haired vampire gulped and helped Bella up, leading her into the house. Laurent was here, ready to leave, when Edward growled at him for no reason.

"He came to warn us. About James," Carlisle calmed his son down. Laurent gave all of them a small smile.

"I've grown tired of his games. But he's got unparalleled senses. Absolutely lethal. I've never seen anything like him in three hundred years... And the woman, Victoria, will back him. Don't underestimate her," He warned them, earning a nod. "I'm truly sorry for what's been unleashed here," He speeded away, going to the Denali's to learn about the animal diet. All the family gathered in the garage.

"I've had to fight our kind before. We're hard to kill," Jasper stated like a soldier.

"But not impossible. We'll tear him up," Edward said stubbornly. Nathaniel almost laughed out loud. Him? Tearing another vampire up? Without his gift, he couldn't even fight him properly. He had no combat skills, only relying on his mind reading gift.

"We'll rip him apart with our hands, then burn the pieces," Emmett jumped on his feet, excited about fighting with the tracker and his mate.

"I don't relish killing another creature. Even a sadistic one like James," Carlisle spoke, being the compassionate man he is. Nathaniel scoffed at that. If they had listened to him, they wouldn't be in this situation.

"If he doesn't get one of us first," Rosalie rolled her eyes, sitting on the counter and crossing her arms. Madelyn went beside her and held her hand reassuringly.

"This is insane. You can't put yourselves in danger like this for me," Bella faked her fearful face, being secretly ecstatic about having all of the vampires to protect her.

"Too late," The blonde woman mumbled, glaring at the blood singer. Edward ignored his sister.

"I'll run Bella south, while you lead the tracker away," He stupidly announced.

"No, Edward. The tracker knows you won't leave Bella. He'll follow you," Carlisle shook his head.

"I'll go with Bella. Jasper and I will drive her south," Alice saw Edward hesitated. "I'll keep her safe, Edward," Jasper rolled his eyes slightly. He was the one who struggled the most and he had to protect her now?