7.

There was silence on the other end of the phone... Vee didn't answer nor react in any way, at least not verbally. And that surely meant only one thing: There was more wrong than I thought there would be.

While I was trying as hard as I could to be patient, my feet brought me to the fridge, looking for ingredients for dinner. It was only 5pm now... but well you're better safe than sorry right? And just checking out all the options..

Vee finally sighed on the other end of the phone and I closed the door of the fridge, walking to the couch and sitting down.

"I know this partner-switch got you all... pulled  into this... and I can understand that you came across things, you can't help wondering about", he said slowly which only made me furrow my brows.

All I had encountered till now was the fact that Mix seemingly didn't sleep in the same place as Ming... and well that he would leave his boyfriend with a stranger when he knew that his phobia might come up... Oh and not to forget, the night in the club when he kind of admitted to regretting his decision. But ...

What exactly did he think I encountered?

"I am not the right person to tell you about all of this though... this should be something that Nong Mix decides what part of it he wants to expose and which not...," he made a small pause, "... I can only tell you what... is a little more known about their relationship."

I guess... that was better than nothing right? Judging by his change in expression a couple of minutes ago... it surely wouldn't be a good topic for Mix to talk about. And I didn't want to push him for the truth behind it either.

"Alright... I'm listening."

"Both Nong Mix and I transferred schools when I was in the 2nd and he in the 1st grade of highschool. At this time, Mix was living with my parents and me... because his were... well busy."

I slowly nodded, leaning back on the couch while listening.

"He ... was very closed off back then. I was basically the only person he talked to ... but Nong Ming, them being classmates, found interest in Mix and they started dating... slowly cracking his shell and opening him up a little bit. They were the most popular couple at our school... you could see them walk around together, Nong Ming getting all protective or looking out for him. And they moved together when they started attending university. And you are standing in that very apartment right now..."

I looked around the place carefully, studying the living room.

There was no picture of the two of them, something you would expect when people dated for four years

There was no picture of the two of them, something you would expect when people dated for four years... and all the books in the shelf were about art... something I surely could see Nong Ming enjoying... but that didn't seem to be the taste of Mix.

"And with university... it all started. Nong Ming became extremely popular... well he doesn't look bad but yea, never understood the hype."