24.

A thousand thoughts shot into Earth's head upon seeing the other there, panic and anxiety overwhelming him and his hands starting to shake... Even though he had known earlier that there could be a chance, that Mix could be thinking of taking his life or hurting himself... it still hit him unprepared. Having the worst-case scenario in your mind suddenly appear in front of your eyes was something no one could ever feel prepared for, not even if you had spent months or years constructing it in your mind.

Because no matter how many options or plans you had carefully put together in your head, how to either solve the problem or avoid it happening in the first place - seeing it come into reality would catch everyone off guard and leave you baffled on how to react or what to do.

There was only one thing Earth was sure about: He had to do something... but what?

Approaching Mix too quickly could make him loose balance and fall down the building, but then again taking too much time while coming closer could have a similar outcome...

"Mix... Mix.... it's me, " Earth said softly, coming a couple of steps closer while walking a little like a penguin. He was not really trying to be funny or anything but having his arms a little stretched to both of his sides to hold a balance... made him feel at least a tiny bit better. Well, if that was even possible at such an altitude.

But the other did not react.

He repeated his words almost like a spell, not only wanting to carefully attract the other's attention but also trying to calm himself down at the same time. Though, being honest with himself, he was not doing a good job in either of them. With every tiny little step away from the door his legs felt weaker, cold sweat running down his neck and making his palms clam. If it had been any other place that was unrelated to a high altitude, he would have just run over there and not trembled like a leaf int he wind. But then again... he was on top of a six-story building right now and not only afraid of the height but also about Mix jumping off the building. Earth's biggest nightmare coming true.

"MIXXX... please... don't jump...okay? let's talk... let's... let's... " Earth's voice was losing its grip more and more until it was almost a whimper that resembled his trembling hands.

"huh?"

Finally, after what had felt like an eternity, Mix turned around and his brows furrowed in surprise seeing Earth dragging himself forward, a little as if he was balancing on a slag-line over the Grand Canyon... completely scared and devastated.

"What are you doing here Earth? Aren't you afraid of heights?"

In contrary to Earth, who really resembled more like an emotional mess now, Mix' voice was completely calm, not giving any hint that he was crying here or wanting to jump off the building. He seemed a little too reserved even, his face showing sincere worry about his friend... who was worried about him... what?

"Well you ... you wanted to jump off the building so... so I..."

The taller could feel water accumulating in his eyes, his brain producing images of Mix falling down the building, his blood running all over the ground and him standing at the other one's funeral.... And that was when all the dams broke, tears running down his face and little sobs echoing through the jungle of skyscrapers around, Earth's shoulders moving in the same rhythm and his already panicking body shaking. But before his knees could hit the ground violently, two arms had already wrapped around him and helped him stand. It took a moment for the taller to realise who was hugging him, his body still caught in his emotions while his mind slowly started clearing up.

Mix slowly helped him sitting down on the ground, but even once they were both seated, he didn't remove his arms around the other, keeping him close.

"I'm sorry I scared you... I just needed a little time to think and be alone...I did not intend to jump off the roof Earth."