13.

The following week passed quicker than any of the three had thought or even wished for. Mix had to stay home for the first couple of days, it beeing way too painful to move around for him, that going to the university and being on his legs the whole day wasn't really an option. He had tried it though the first day, sneaking out of the apartment while the other two were still dead asleep... only to get stuck on one of the stone benches on the campus, because moving around had hurt more than he had expected. Well... it didn't take long for his phone to start ringing and after a tell-off from Vee, the oldest came with his car and brought him back home.

"Didn't you hear the doctor? He told you to take it easy and stay in bed the first couple of days..."

Mix sighed a little, carefully sitting down on the couch while he loosened the tie around his neck and placed it on his leg.

"I did hear him but... I didn't want to miss any lectures... you know it'll get difficult to keep the scholarship if you miss too many courses", the younger sighed and leaned back, his face twisting a little and he inhaled the air sharply.

Vee could only shake his head and went inside the bedroom, getting a change of clothes for Mix. It would definitely be uncomofrtable staying in the white shirt and black dresspants the whole day... especially if he was supposed to be resting in bed for now.

"I know you don't want to... have them pay for your tuition... but Mix..."

"You know what happened the last time that I saw them..." A shiver ran through the younger's body and he let out a sigh, thinking back to their facial expressions when they saw him. But what had hurt him more than their behaviour alone... were their words. Even though five years had already passed since than... everything was still vivid.

How his parents stood up and left the room, his mother's face stained with tears while his father looked both angry and heartbroken. Once they saw their son in front of them, Mix could feel his body being violently pressed against a wall, a hand tightening around the collar of his shirt and pain running through his body.

"You... you should better not show up in front of our faces again...  starting today, we don't have anyone to call our son anymore."

With that, his father left him standing there, escorting his mother out, who also didn't take a single look at  the teenager standind there in tears...

"I'm sorry for bringing them up", Vee quickly said and put both his hands on his Nong's cheeks, lifting his face up until they were looking at each other. But before Mix could say anything, the older squished his cheeks so that he was almost looking like a fish now...

"What did we promise, Nong Mix?"

"To be 50% more happy then we normally are... ," the other brought out muffled, trying to get the hands of his face because he was feeling embarassed.

"And why?"

"Because we carry half a person more in ourselfs... and have to be 50% more happy because of that... "

There was a little silence in the room, but a calming one this time that both used to remember the promises they made later on to be able to continue living their life.

"Um... what exactly are you two doing?"

Earth was leaning in the doorframe with a raised eyebrow, staring at the scene that was currently going on in front of his very eyes... were they about to kiss each other? That couldn't be .... right? Though he knew that it could be everything but that... there was a small feeling inside him, that started from his heart before jumping out of this universe of feelings, just to reach his mind...