nine.

Saturday had finally come after a very eventful Friday night

Saturday had finally come after a very eventful Friday night. The Aggies won their homecoming game, there were celebrations all over, none of which Kari attended. She was mentally drained after the game, so she texted Khi a congratulations message, and she told him if he was feeling good to stop by so she could tell him in person—and he did just that, at 1 in the morning.

"Mekhi," she hissed as she stood at her door smiling lazily. "It is one o'clock in the morning!"

"You told me come," he chuckled, and she knew he was tipsy. "I ain' see you after the game,"

"I know, I was tired. I just wanted to tell you congratulations, Pop. You did such a good job out there, I'm proud," she nodded and his smile grew bigger. "Stop smiling like that you weirdo," she teased and he laughed loud, making her slap a hand over his mouth—she didn't have time to deal with her cranky RA.

After the way her mind was spinning at the game, the way he was just staring down at her now, at 1 am, wasn't helping her. "Thank you for coming," he said quietly, finally getting the hint.

"You know I wouldn't miss it," she shrugged. "Somebody gotta be there to calm your ass down," she joked and he just smirked, shaking his head. "Now go home and go to bed, take an alka seltzer or something tomorrow, don't have Trae taking care of yo' ass,"

"Yeah yeah," he chuckled. "Gimme hug, I'm finna leave," he opened his arms and she almost hesitated walking into them, because he was already the more affectionate of the two, and when he was drunk it was much worse, she didn't know if she could handle too much more of him today.

But she did, knowing he was liable to complain. He wrapped his arms around her shoulders, and swung her side to side dramatically, immediately causing her to try to squirm out of his tight grasp.

"Khi get off!" she smacked his arms and he laughed, letting her go. "Goodnight, you gon give me a damn headache,"

"Love you, Tutu," he smiled childishly.

"Love you too, Pop. Now leave," she pointed and he laughed, walking back downstairs where Traveon and Tae were waiting.

After that, she closed her door, standing with her back resting against it, smiling for a good minute, and then ranted to herself about how this wasn't some sitcom and took herself to bed.

She of course kept her revelation to herself, her first thoughts were to call her sister—then her mom, but she decided against it, knowing what they'd both say.

Sakari couldn't afford to tell him. She didn't even know how. He was one of the only people who always understood her, who always accepted her for who she was and never tried to change her to fit his idea of who she should be. He cared about her, and not just because of the things she did for him—she knew he appreciated her as a person, as a friend, no matter how mean she could be, he loved her anyway.