ten.

"We been too strong for too long!" Jelani sang

"And I can't be without ya' baby!" Kari responded. It'd been about a week and a half, leaving about another week and a half to two weeks before they were all back home for Thanksgiving. Sakari was ecstatic. She missed her family, especially her siblings.

Her grandparents and Khi's grandparents were gonna be there this year too, so she was extra happy. They were currently completing Saturday morning cleaning, and getting ready to run errands. The boys had a game tomorrow so the grocery shopping had to be done today.

Unfortunately, Sakari could not go to travel games with Khi, although she'd love to. She just wished him good luck before he left every time.

Today, Amber and Aja would be coming along to shop, and Kari thought it was so cute she got all her friends to go run errands on weekend mornings like real adults. She did this at home all the time, forcing Khi up before noon—which he hated, making him come along before the little ones begged to go.

"You ready, girl? I'm already mad at them long ass lines," Jeli scoffed, as the door went off, revealing Aja when they got it.

"Yeah, I need snacks," she giggled. "Hey Aja," Kari grinned.

These three had become very close in a short period of time. They were always spending free time together, and she was the perfect addition to Kari's little group.

"Hey bae," she blew a kiss at her, and Kari laughed. "Speaking of damn baes...Y'all Trae is very persistent," she chuckled.

"What he done did now?" Kari raised her eyebrows. When she said Trae liked Aja, he liked Aja. He waited for her outside of classes they had near each other, he was the perfect gentleman and walked her to class, he called her after practice, the whole nine.

Aja was very scared to say she was falling for it.

"Nothing he just...he's so sweet, and nice," she smiled slightly.

"Oooh, somebody got a crush on Trae," Jeli teased and Aja cracked up laughing.

"Maybe," she shrugged. "But it's just...Jaden was nice and sweet too, look what the fuck happened with him, emotional trauma," she threw her arms up, rolling her eyes. "How am I supposed to differentiate between the real and fake?" she sighed.

"Well," Jelani spoke. "You really can't. That's the gamble of a relationship, you're basically placing trust in the unknown and it's scary as fuck," she said truthfully. "It's up to him to live up to the standards of a relationship, there's no way for you to tell or force him to,"

"And that's why I'm scared. What am I supposed to do if he sees my vulnerability and decides to take advantage of me too? How am I supposed to protect myself from that?"

"Boundaries," Sakari said. "Boundaries and good communication, you gotta explain what is is you been through and tell him what you will and will not tolerate, you put your foot down on them things too, don't let nobody try to sweet talk you out of your heart's comfortability,"