twenty-three.

"Tootie, I'm finna be in my session, Ima call you later aight?" Khi yawned as he reached Kelvin's office

"Tootie, I'm finna be in my session, Ima call you later aight?" Khi yawned as he reached Kelvin's office. He and Kari were flying home tomorrow for his parents anniversary and he had things he wanted to talk to him about before they left.

"Okay," she smiled, separating her hair. She was having a wash day today, and he wanted to help. "Stop frowning, I am just parting my hair, Mekhi," she chuckled.

"Ain't nobody pouting, giraffe neck," he curled his lip up.

"See this why I be fucking you up, Tito Jackson. Watch who you talking to with them damn Jheri curls on your head," she snapped back, making him have to hold his hand over his mouth to keep his laughter down. "Bye, annoying," she smirked.

"Bye, mean ass," he chuckled and they ended their call.

He knocked on the door to Kelvin's office, and he was called in. Their sessions were only ad frequent as Khi needed them to be now, and today was one of those days.

"Hey," Khi smiled, taking his seat as usual.

"Hey, Khi," Kelvin turned to face him from his computer. "How you feeling today?"

"I'm good," he nodded. "Kinda tired, football wearing me out," he chuckled. "Thanks for seeing me,"

"No problem, I had some time today, it sounded important," he said. "You wanna start? Just let me know what's going on," he said.

"Okay," Khi nodded again. "Well, when I told my parents everything, my mom, she suggested we press charges," he sighed. "I'm going home tomorrow and I know she's probably gonna ask me about it, and I don't know what to to tell her,"

"Well...what do you wanna do?" Kelvin sat forward a bit.

"I-I'm not sure yet," he replied. "It's like I've moved past the want of something...very bad to happen to her. But I still want her to be punished for what she did. Seeing her walking around campus, it makes my blood boil and it makes me want to—anyway. I want her to be punished, I really do," he began.

"But?" the older man quirked an eyebrow up. "What's holding you back?"

"The whole idea of going to court and having someone try to pick my story apart. The thought of hearing questions that would purposely make it seem like I'm lying or trying to frame her for something. Just the thought of a prosecutor telling me that men or boys can't be raped and trying to like...downplay my experience makes me very angry," he said. "And the idea of being triggered for as long as they can have me on that stand is-is scary," he admitted. Kelvin nodded along as he spoke, completely understanding what Khi was saying.

"And then—as much as I love her for it, Sakari is liable to get put up there and picked apart for what she did to that girl. It was brutal, honestly. I don't want that for her or her family—and for my family to have to sit there and watch it all, and then there be a fifty-fifty chance nothing even happens to her? I don't know," he sighed.