twenty-two.

"You asked Kari to be your Valentine yet?" Donate asked as the three boys left the gym, getting ready to go to their favorite diner and eat away their workout

"You asked Kari to be your Valentine yet?" Donate asked as the three boys left the gym, getting ready to go to their favorite diner and eat away their workout. "Or you one of them niggas who don't ask?"

"Of course Ima ask, I'm not crazy," he chuckled. "I'm doing it tomorrow, poor baby probably think I forgot. Honestly—I'on never remember when Valentine's day is. My dad reminds me when he sends me extravagant ideas to ask my mama," he said.

Most things about romance, Mekhi learned from his father. His mother was treated like she was the queen of the world which in turn prompted her to treat him the same. His parents relationship really set the blueprint for how he treated any and all women who crossed his path.

Valentine's day was never super important to him. If he had a girlfriend at the time he'd buy her a gift, and he bought his mom gifts. He always bought Sakari an enormous bag of sour patch kids and a rose, every year. He obviously had to put a little more work in this time around.

"Speaking of her," he mumbled, checking to see if he texted her back—he didn't. He always forgot to do so after he left the gym, and ended up not replying till he got home and it annoyed her deeply.

luv🌹: when i catch you.....
luv🌹: sleep with both your damn eyes open tonight ahmad.
: LMAO baby im sorry
: im leaving now. i love you so much 💀.
: don't kill me baby pls

He laughed at her before taking his phone off do not disturb for when she responded and put his phone back in his pocket.

"Well I asked Aja already, we gon be gone, so if you want the dorm you got it," Trae smirked.

"I'm not raising no babies, Traveon," Dontae teased and both boys cracked up laughing at him.

"We should be telling yo' ass that, nigga," Khi shook his head. "We own condoms,"

"Don't play me! I got a box in my fuckin' car, I'on know where these people been at before I get to em. Plus, I can't get my girl sick and shit," he waved them off.

"Your gir—you are single, Dontae. Single as hell," Trae literally stopped walking, and Khi's stomach was starting to hurt from laughing at them. "Fuck he mean his girl,"

"Shut up," he chuckled. "Ya'll know what I meant. That girl you always fuck wit', you know? Who always gon answer, yo' favorite basically," he explained. "I'on fuck wit' a whole bunch of girls on campus, but I got a favorite," he shrugged.

"This man is a pimp. He got favorites," Khi chuckled. "Nah, I know what you mean. But I'm a taken man now, so I'm gon act like I don't," he said.

"Nigga talkin' like he saved," Tae laughed.

"I am! Fuck you," he laughed as well. "So...do you like shawty? Or you just like what she got?" he prodded. Trae and Khi always wondered why Tae was never really interested in relationships or hadn't been in one before, at least not to their knowledge.