17 ♡ Confession

Jimin's POV

"She does have that effect on people, huh?"

"Yes, she does."

"Well I wish you the best of luck with Miranda."

"MIRANDA?! Pabo, it's you. It's always been you!"

She widened her eyes at me.

I looked at the ground, scratching the back of my head.

Crap, now she knows. Pabo, pabo, pabo!

Laura's POV

Me? It's always been...me?

I didn't know what to do or say but by the look on his face he was expecting a reply, and fast.

No words came out of my mouth so I just stood there silently, hoping that he would fill in the awkwardness.

He didn't. He just turned away from me and continued rubbing the back of his neck.

"Jimin..." I tugged on his blazer, turning him around to face me again.

He raised an eyebrow while I looked him straight in the eyes. We exchanged glances as I moved closer to his face. He knew what was coming next.

I approached his mouth to finally seal our first long awaited kiss.

.

.

.

...but he turned away.

I know what you're thinking, but no.

This time...no.

There was no J-Hope, nor anyone to interrupt the moment.

Nothing.

He just rejected my kiss, plain and simple.

I stumbled back a little.

"L-Laura..." he began, but I put my hand up signalling that I didn't want to hear it. I avoided eye contact as my breaths became heavier, and without looking back at him I made way back to the mansion doors.

Did I do something wrong?

I left him in a surprised stance, he didn't even call after me. He was right not to follow me inside.

I held my breath as Miranda brushed past me out of the door, running over to Jimin.

"Hey Chimchim, let's have that dance that you promised." I overheard as I entered the party inside, scrunching up my face in disgust.

This day just keeps getting better and better.

I clenched my fists on the way to the bathroom, while avoiding the others as best I could. J-Hope was still on the dance floor, gosh he had so much energy in him. He was no longer accompanied by Namjoon and Jin. I scanned the room and found them sitting by a table drinking and talking. I still didn't see Jungkook or Taehyung anywhere. I haven't seen those two for most of the after party, where the heck could they be? Suhyun and Yoongi were still on the same sofa, talking and making each other laugh. A small smile crept up on the side of my mouth. They were so cute together.

Yoongi gets a happy ending, where's mine?

My smile soon faded as I reached the bathroom.

I trembled in, holding onto the sink for stability. I raised my head and looked at my reflection with a fixed gaze.

Why did he suddenly not want to kiss me?

Why do I keep thinking that Miranda has something to do with it?