Chapter 6

Flashback to after potions class 2 years ago

What the fuck just happened?

I stand there looking at the distraught potions master. I was too nervous to see what he was thinking. "I said class dismissed Miss Y/n. That means you leave. Now." His voice washed over me like cold water on a warm day. "Are you alright professor?" My voice is shaky and quiet. I carefully trace his body with my eyes, taking in every inch of him. Why am I doing this? There is obviously something wrong and I'm over here fantasizing because he looks- "I am perfectly fine Miss, now leave." His voice is slightly shaky. Since when does that happen? After all these years of me knowing him, I've never heard his voice become uneven, even in the slightest.

I slowly walk over to my seat and gather my things. Before I step out of the classroom I turn back to see the tall raven-haired man looking back at me. His eyes are dim and his expression blank. Does he know that- I mean it is him so why wouldn't he? 

~Snape's POV~

As Y/n walks out of the class I feel my body relax. How could I let this happen? How could I allow myself to feel this way about a student? A student?! This is wrong- and yet, it feels so right. I hadn't felt anything like this since Lily. I didn't know what to do with this. I didn't know how to act. I turn back around to clean up the messy table that was now behind me.

"Sorry professor I-" I snap my head around to see Y/n back in the doorway. I cock my eyebrow at her as she is very shaky and a little pale. "I- I forgot my book," she says quietly. The table she shared with Hermione Granger was up near the front of the room so she slowly made her way toward me looking at the ground as she walked. I quickly snatch the book off the table and drift over in front of her extending it toward her. She stops and looks up at me. Her big e/c eyes staring at me. 

"I'd think you'd like to keep your thoughts to yourself Miss Y/n," I say as my lips slowly curl into a smirk. Her eyes widen quickly. "P- professor I- I'm so sorry. That's-" I stop her as I put my finger to her lips shushing her. Her body tenses at my touch. I softly smile at her and say, "It's alright." She blinks quickly up at me as I spoke. She slowly reaches for her school book I was still holding in my hands and she drops it while still looking into my eyes. 

We break eye contact as we both go down for the book. I grabbed the book as she looked back up at me. Suddenly, her lips crash into mine. Taken aback for a moment, I kiss her back. I run my tongue along her bottom lip begging for entrance. As she lets me in we stand up not losing contact as we do and the classroom around us starts to fade away. She drops her book again and it makes a loud noise as it hits the floor. She wraps her arms around my shoulders as I wrap mine around her waist. I slide my hands down her back toward her butt and pull her up, pushing her against me. I move one hand from under her up to the back of her head as our lips move in sync. She threads her fingers through my hair delicately as she arches her back moaning quietly. Fuck. She's absolutely beautiful. 

The room around us starts to come back into view as I open my eyes realizing what exactly we were doing. I pull away quickly and look at the piece of art in front of me. I hate to do this but, this just isn't right. I put her down and take a step back. "I- this isn't- you should be getting off to class. My second years should be arriving shortly." 

~Your POV~

As the words leave his mouth my stomach churns. The feeling of him pulling away from me haunts my skin. I look at him and nod slightly before I turn to pick my book up from the ground again and leave. Tears start forming in my eyes as the feeling replays over and over again. I turn to go into the girls' bathroom to hide. I run in and slam the stall door behind me. I sit on the toilet and slam my head into my hands trying to keep from crying. Why did he pull away like that? Was it something I did? I sit there with my thoughts for a long moment before wiping my eyes and leaving the stall. I look into the mirror over the sink to make sure I looked presentable for my next class. 

When I get to Transfiguration class almost everyone is in their seats already. I quickly sit down in my seat next to Hermione. "What happened to you?" she asks quietly. "Nothing. I'm fine. Why hasn't class started yet?" I try to change the subject but Hermione turns to look me in the eye. "Y/n you know you can tell me right?" I looked at her trying not to just break down again right then and there I said, "Look I'm fine okay? I think the professor wants to start now." I pointed up at McGonagall as she was now sitting in her chair behind her desk. This was the last class of the day. Dinner was just around the corner and I was dreading it knowing I'd have to see the handsome man that just pulled away from the most passionate thing we had ever engaged in together. 

Then it hits me. SHIT! Tonight I have my Occlumency and Legilimency lesson with none other than the great Dungeon Bat himself. Fuck. Me.