Chapter 43

It's been a few days since I last talked to Severus. We haven't been talking and I've been sleeping in my dorm. Hermione told me that maybe I should give it some time before saying anything again and that's what I've been doing.

He's been in the worst mood he's been in in years. He's been deducting points left and right, giving out detention every other breath, and closing himself off from practically everyone once the day is over.

The headmistress came to me, asking me what was going on. She told me he wouldn't talk about it and had been staying in his classroom mostly. She was worried about him and expressed that to me.

I told her what happened, Hogsmeade and my parents. She completely understood and said she would try speaking with him.

I still hadn't opened my parents' letters...but I thought about it. Only once or twice. Quick thoughts- gone before they could even be noticed. I was still upset with them and what Severus said made me believe they were being even worse in the letters.

But for now, I was just going to continue to ignore them and wait on Severus. Wait to see if this would blow over enough for us to talk about it.

~Severus' POV~

Y/n had been very careful being around me. She hardly spoke in class and was sleeping in her dorm. I felt awful about saying those things to her. It hurt me to be so rude to her.

I had been in a dreary mood since that day and while I had been taking that out on the students, I knew they didn't deserve it.

"Today, you will be studying wolfsbane potions. This will be a quiet time before we have a class discussion."

As I finished speaking, a pain grew around my stomach. I didn't react, brushing it off as nothing.

The students turned their pages to the one written on the board behind me. I glanced over Y/n as she sat silently at her desk beside Granger. Both were sitting quietly, studying their pages.

I turned and sat at my desk. This was going to be a long few days and I knew that. But her friends told me this was best. Maybe not exactly what I did, but it was best. They know her and how her mind works, they're her age so I trust them.

This is what's best.

~Your POV~

He hadn't yelled at anyone yet so I was guessing that was a good sign. He'd looked at me for the first time in two days too.

Hermione continued studying beside me. She'd been speaking with me about what was happening with Severus and told me to give him a few days.

I was going to wait for one more day before speaking with him. I was going to find him in his classroom and tell him I want to continue our conversation in a more controlled manner and a different setting, maybe in his chambers.

I glanced up at him for a moment before looking back down. But it didn't register for a moment what he looked like, so I looked back.

He was nearly green in the face. He was pulling at his collar slightly as if he was uncomfortable. There was a soft glaze over his forehead, close to breaking a sweat.

I nudged Hermione beside me. She looked over at me as I gestured for her to look up at him. She did and a look of worry flashed across her face.

She's worried about him. Maybe I should say something...

I went to raise my hand but before I could, Severus rose and stumbled a little. He walked in front of his desk as carefully as he could.

"Class," he started. "You will continue your studies outside of class. Dismissed."