Chapter 47

Breakfast has started and I've kept away from both Hermione and Severus all morning.

Severus tried catching up to me this morning before coming into the Great Hall, but I ignored him. Hermione still didn't speak with me this morning but she kept giving me side looks like she wanted to say something.

Between her and Severus staring at me the entire breakfast, I could barely invest in the conversation.

But once breakfast was over, Severus found me quick.

"Y/n."

I stopped, turning to face him as he strode up to me.

"Why didn't you meet me last night?" he asked quietly.

I looked him in his eyes, keeping my voice even and quiet as I spoke.

"You already had someone there. I decided not to interrupt."

He looked at me for a moment, slightly furrowing his eyebrows before his face dropped. His eyes widened as his hands fell from behind his back and to his sides.

"Don't worry, I didn't hear much of what was said," I continued.

He took a small step towards me, still not speaking.

"Honestly, if you didn't want me to know she was there, you shouldn't have allowed her to stay so long."

"Y/n, it is not what you think-"

"Oh? It's not? So then why was that the first thing you thought I was thinking of?"

He looked at me as if he didn't know how to respond. I shook my head, stepping back from him.

"It doesn't matter honestly," I started. "I'm going to Hogsmeade today with Harry, Ron, and Ginny so I need to go."

He stared down at me for a long moment, one foot slightly in front of the other as if he wanted to come towards me. I took another step back, slowly looking up at him as I did. Our eyes met for a split second before I turned away, yet again walking away without looking back.

I got back to my dorm, gathering my things and changing clothes for the Hogsmeade trip. Ginny said she'd be by to walk with me to the carriages to meet the boys. Ron said he'd asked Hermione if she wanted to go and she'd said she was planning on staying in this weekend. I told him not to question her on it and just leave it.

I met with Ginny outside of my common room and walked with her to the carriages. We talked quietly about our classes and graduation coming up. She wasn't going to be graduating but she was just as excited for us to graduate.

Ron and Harry greeted us kindly before helping us into the carriage. We headed for Hogsmeade talking and joking the whole way there.

Once we arrive we gather ourselves and head for a few of the shops. There's not a thought in my mind about Hermione or Severus while we walk down the cobblestone.

~Severus' POV~

I pace around my office anxiously awaiting Granger to show. I'd sent a flying note to her moments ago.

Many thoughts went through my head, only concerning Y/n. I couldn't believe I'd done this to her. Someone so kind, so beautiful, so loving. It wasn't fair to her.

I heard the sound of knocking on my door before it opened slowly. Granger popped her head through, her hair falling to one side as she did.

I gestured for her to enter and she did, carefully closing the door behind herself.

She noticed my anxious appearance and questioned me.

"Severus, is everything alright?"

I stopped, taking a breath before speaking.