Chapter 31

I woke up to the sun shining in my eyes. The curtains were drawn, but a small gap between them caused the sun to shine directly in my eyes. As I adjusted to my surroundings, I remembered where I was. I remembered the night before and everything that happened. 

Then I felt Severus' arm pull me further against him. He groaned a little as he realized it was morning. 

"Good morning," I said quietly.

"Hm," he responded.

I wiggled a little so I could turn over and look at him. His hair was nappy and covering half his face as his dark eyes sleepily started back at me. I smiled at him and lifted my hand to brush the hair off his face so I could see him. He smiled softly and bent his head down to kiss my forehead.

"Good morning," he said in a very deep, raspy voice.

I felt shivers run down my spine and my face began to get hot. How could his voice get any deeper than it already was? 

He saw how flustered I looked and chuckled, pulling me closer to him. I buried my face into his chest and placed my hand against it. I took a deep breath and just melted into him. 

"I could stay like this all day," he said over my head.

"Took the words right out of my mouth," I said laughing a little. 

We laid like that for another few minutes before either of us said anything else.

"Hey what time is it?" I asked casually.

He sat up slightly without letting me go and turned his head to look at the small clock on his bedside table.

"7:45," he said calmly.

He laid back down, resting his chin on top of my head. I let out a small breath before I gasped really loudly, causing Severus to jump. 

"Oh, Merlin!" I said, sitting up out of his arms.

"What?" he asked extremely confused and slightly worried. 

"It's the first day back!" I said as I turned to look at him.

His face dropped and his eyes widened. We both looked back over at the clock and he jumped out of bed. He started to grab his clothes off the floor and throw them to the side. He went over and opened his closet, rummaging around, getting his clothes. I tried to get up but failed miserably and fell back onto the bed, cursing under my breath. 

"Language," Severus said with his head stuck in the closet. 

He turned his head around and looked over at me sitting on the bed and stopped what he was doing. 

"Oh I'm sorry little one, I forgot."

He set his clothes down and came over to me and picked me up bridal style. He walked me over to the bathroom in the corner of his room and set me down. He shut the door but left it cracked so he could hear me if I needed anything. 

"Severus? How the hell am I supposed to walk around school today if I couldn't even stand off the bed?"

A low chuckle came from outside the door.

"Severus! I'm serious!"

He chuckled a little more before he brought my shirt, skirt, and bra into the bathroom all folded. He set them onto the counter by the sink. I noticed he was already fully dressed in his work robes and he had fixed his hair. 

"It'll get easier and wear off as the day goes on."

He smiled at me and turned to walk out of the bathroom.