Chapter 32

It was the last class of the day. Potions. I was overly excited to get there and practically dragged Hermione there. I sat in my regular seat beside Hermione and listened intently to every word Severus said. 

Since practically everyone in the room had seen the kiss the two of us had shared in the Great Hall, most had caught the idea that we were somewhat of a couple, even though there was no label on it yet. No one really had anything bad to say about it either. Well, no one had really been there to see if it changed how he acted so it didn't really matter to most. 

I did notice that Severus was no easier on me than he used to be. He treated me just like every other student in his class. I enjoyed that since it didn't mess with my friendships because I was becoming a "teacher's pet" since we were more than just student and professor now. 

The lesson had come to an end just before the bell and Severus asked me to stay behind for a moment. I stayed in my seat as my friends all walked out, each giving me very different looks. Severus waited until the last person left the classroom before using wandless magic to close the door. He was leaning on the front of his desk with his arms crossed looking at me.

His face softened and he smiled softly at me, gesturing with his hand for me to come to him. I stood and came up in front of him. He uncrossed his arms completely and pulled me into his chest. I was taken aback by his show of affection but did not hesitate for one moment before wrapping my arms around him in return.

"How was your first day back, little one?" he asked, placing a small kiss on top of my head. 

I smiled against his chest.

"It was great. It's much better now though," I responded, pulling myself against him even more. 

He chuckled in return before pulling away from the hug and taking my hand in his. He walked me behind his desk and sat in his chair, pulling me down into his lap. He rested one arm on my back, using the other to pull my legs on top of his. He pulled me into his chest and rested his chin on top of my head. He caressed my back with his thumb and my thigh with his other hand. 

I had one arm wrapped around his back and the other over his shoulder. I closed my eyes and just melted into his chest. 

"This is nice," I said quietly.

"Hmm, yes it is."

We stayed just like that for a good five minutes before the classroom door flew open. The loud noise caused me to jump. Severus's whole body tensed and he tightened his grip on me. He sat up a little, straightening his back. 

When we saw it was only Professor McGonagall we both relaxed some. Severus was still quite tense and didn't loosen the grip he had on me. 

Professor McGonagall was obviously worried about something and seemed slightly frantic. 

"Severus- oh!"

She noticed me in his arms and stopped for a moment. Her mood seemed to change for a second when she saw the two of us in his chair together. But she quickly went right back to bustling through the classroom towards us. She stopped right in front of Severus' desk and quickly began talking again. 

"I'm glad I caught the two of you together. It'll be much easier this way."

I gave her a confused look. What will be easier?

"Minerva, what are you talking about?" asked Severus.

She sighed heavily before looking at the two of us very sympathetically. 

"Oh, there's no easy way to tell you this," she started.

"I just got word that the Ministry will be paying a visit here in the next two days."