Chapter 13

Present Day

I made my way back to the castle. My heart pounding harder than ever before. I can't get too close to myself. If I do then I'll disappear and everything will be fucked up. I made my way towards a side entrance that no one would be around, at least not right now. I had discovered it after leaving lessons one night. I just have to keep my head down for a while. We should be arriving soon with Neville. I opened the door slowly and stepped inside, letting the cold, familiar air of the dungeons flow over me.

Once I closed the door behind me, the realization of what I was doing set in. I'm about to walk around school knowing that my past self is here too. I don't even have a plan. My hands got clammy and my legs went weak. I started for the Ravenclaw common room slowly, knowing that everyone was in the Gryffindor common room. I'll get a robe from here and stay low until Severus calls everyone to the Great Hall.

I reach the Ravenclaw common room and am faced with the eagle door knocker. I roll my eyes as I approach him and he perks up as he sees me near him. "Ahh, a familiar face at last." the eagle knocker sounded relieved. "All I ask on this day is why you ask to enter." I looked at the eagle, confusion painted all over my face. He always has a riddle. "I'm here for a robe," I said. He chuckled, "Well if that's all then I must say, enter. But do with caution for you know what will happen if you are caught." As he spoke, I began reaching for the handle but stopped abruptly. "I- you know?" He chuckled again, "My young Raven, of course, I know. Snape isn't letting not one person leave the Gryffindor common room." The image of the tall man laying on the floor of the boat house made me shudder. The eagle knocker spoke again, "Do what you need to." I nodded and pushed the door open.

I entered the common room shutting the door behind me. I could stay here instead of going out there. I thought for a moment, thinking of how I could stay in the common room until I needed to find Severus. No, I have to go. I can't just stay here. I've lived all of this once, I can do it again. I went to the cupboard in the far left corner of the room to get a robe. I have about ten minutes until he's going to call everyone. I just need to find something to do. I went over to the bookshelf and began looking for a book to read. Ugh, I've read all of these already. I sighed. I'm too fidgety and nervous to read anyways. I couldn't focus on anything and my legs were still weak.

I went over to the couch and sat down. I was fidgeting with my hands again. "Okay, Y/n. You got this. All you have to do is stay away from yourself and get to the boathouse in time. Then you can save Severus and everything will be okay again." My breathing began to hitch and I felt panicked. "No. You are not about to have a fucking panic attack right now. You have shit to do Y/n. There's no time for this." I tried to slow my breathing down when a loud voice echoed in the halls outside the common room, making me freeze. "Everyone, to the Great Hall. Immediately."

I grabbed my robe and slid into it, putting the hood up. My breathing was mostly back to normal now but my heart was still pounding. I got up and made my way to the door. I opened it and started for the Great Hall. The halls were cold and silent. There wasn't another person in sight.

As I neared the main corridors I heard marching. I hid behind the wall beside me, poking my head out to see everyone. Everyone looks so tired. "This way." I heard Seamus' very distinct voice whispering. Shit, where do I go? I looked around and found an open door a little way down the hall. I ran to it quickly, rushing inside to hide. I couldn't hear any other voices but I could see the shadows of three people standing near where I had been hiding. Great. Now I'm stuck in this stinky-ass classroom for another 30 minutes until Remus and everyone find us. I slapped my face quietly. Okay maybe not 30 minutes but it's gonna feel like forever.

About 15 minutes have gone by and I hear the sound of footsteps approaching. "Hermione, Ron, Y/n," says Kingsley. "Y/n!" I hear Tonks exclaim and I see our shadows merge together as we hugged. "What are you all doing here?" asks Ron. "Snape is the headmaster now and a Death Eater, he's going to let Voldemort and the rest of the Death Eaters right in. We can't let that happen now can we?" Remus speaks quietly but very assertively. The three shadows disappear with the others and the footsteps get quieter and further away. I step out of the classroom and into the corridor. Okay, now what? I stand there for a second, contemplating my next move. I can't go to the Great Hall- or can I? No, no I can't because I'd be too close to myself. But I need to be able to hear everything and see everything. I start towards the Great Hall. Remus and everyone will take Ron, Hermione, and me to the Great Hall and we'll go in as soon as we get there. I just need to trail behind so I don't get caught.

I slowly make my way towards the Great Hall. Okay, here I can still hear everything but no one can see me. I was right beside the door where the wall extended forwards creating a corner. I could hear what was happening inside but I was far enough away from myself that nothing would happen. "Tell them. Tell them how you looked him in the eye, a man who trusted you, and killed him." Harry's voice echoed through the halls. I still don't understand. Why did he do it? And why would he tell Harry to- his memories! He wanted Harry to see his memories with the Pensieve. I started to tear up. He wanted Harry to know something, but what? Gasps rang in the air followed by the sound of feet shuffling and spells being cast.

I hear glass shatter, "Coward!" McGonagall's voice echos through what feels like the whole school. Fuck fuck fuck. I have to get out of here. I can't be here when everyone starts running around. I wipe my eyes quickly and start running towards the potions class. I get to the classroom and it's locked. Taking my wand out I say, "Alohomora." The lock clicks and I stumble into the classroom, slamming the door behind me. I pull out one of the chairs to a desk near the middle of the room and plop down, trying to catch my breath. 

After a moment I scan the classroom and see that the door to Severus' storeroom is slightly open. What the hell? I stand up slowly and walk over to it. I put my hand on the handle but hesitate to open it fully. There better not be somebody in here, I swear to Merlin. I sling the door open and grab my wand, pointing it into the small closet. 

There's no one here. So why is the door open? I withdraw my wand but keep it in hand. There's nothing out of place- oh wait. I look up a little way to see a gap in between two jars. I step up onto the small ladder to see what's missing. Oh it's the Blood-Replenishing Potion. But why would anyone need that? I'm interrupted by the sound of screams and crashing coming from the lower floors of the school. Damnit. Why does time feel like it's going so much faster now?

I hop off the ladder and leave the classroom. I keep my hood up so no one would recognize me at first glance. Just keep your head down and you should be fine. I start for the Room of Requirement knowing that at this point my past self should be there with everyone else. There are people running and screaming all around me. I began running to blend into the crowd so I didn't look suspicious. I get to where the Room of Requirement was and hide behind a pillar. Okay, we'll be coming through those doors any minute. I just need to wait.