Chapter 12

~Snape's POV~

After I watch Y/n walk down the corridor and turn the corner, heading towards her common room, I step into my chambers to grab my hooded cloak carefully closing my door behind me and locking it. I start to walk in the opposite direction of Y/n and I find myself smiling slightly. That was quite fun. I think to myself. How come I've never done anything like that before? 

I stepped out into the cool, still, night covering my head with my hood. I half-apparate into the air and start heading towards the Malfoy Manner. This meeting is going to be awful. As I land on the front stairs of the mansion, I take in a deep breath. I push the door open and step inside. I take off my hood and unbutton my cloak from around my neck. I place my cloak on the coat rack along with the many others belonging to the fellow Death Eaters who were here. 

I made my way towards the dining room. The air was thick and the mansion was silent. As I made my way up the stairs that lead to the dining room, I could hear a quiet voice speaking. Lucius has brought Draco I see. I stepped into the dining area to see Draco sitting beside Lucius and Narcissa. My gaze quickly went to the pale figure at the end of the table. "My Lord," I said with a small nod of my head. "Severus. You've made it." 

~Your POV~ 

Wow. Lessons were actually fun for once. I started to look back at everything that had happened today. First, we kissed after class, then I had a weird, very unexpected wet dream about him, and now lessons were actually fun. The world must be turning upside down because, wow. I made my way into the common room and towards my dorm. Everyone should be asleep. I step into the silent dorm. All the other girls were sleeping peacefully in their beds. 

I went over to the bathroom to get ready for bed. So, am I just supposed to act like the kiss didn't happen? I mean that's what he's- shit. I knocked a bottle of dry shampoo on my foot as I was changing into my pajamas. It bounced onto the floor, clanking loudly. I turned around and peeked through the door. I forget these girls can sleep through anything. They have got to learn to clean up after themselves. I finished changing and began brushing my teeth. Well, maybe he just needs a little push? No that's weird. Don't do that. Just let it be. If things work out, they work out, if not-  

I trailed off as I spit out my toothpaste and wash my face. I straightened up the counter before going to my bed to lay down. I'm not even tired. I think about getting my book out of my bag and start reading but I decide not to. He actually laughed at my jokes. Maybe he just felt bad because of what happened earlier- No he's not the type of person to feel bad about something like that. Especially since he kissed me back. But I've known him since I was 8 years old and nothing like that has ever happened. I run all the possibilities through my head of why, on today of all days, something like that would happen. It was probably an impulse thing. I mean, I was like two inches from his face. OH FUCK- WHAT IF HE READ MY MIND. No, because I would have realized it. Soooo, he did it because he wanted to? Well, that's new

I turned over in bed getting more comfortable. Well whatever it was, I liked it. I begin replaying the events inside my head, slowly starting to drift off. 

~Snape's POV~

"My lord, I don't-" I was cut off. "I need you to cut all ties with them." His words sent shivers down my spine but I contained myself. "Soon, Dumbledore will be gone and we will have nothing in our way. So, Severus, I need you and Draco to cut all ties with the people at that dreadful school." Draco locked eyes with me. I could see the sadness and fear in his eyes. I kept a straight face even though I was feeling the same sadness as him. I knew he wasn't going to be able to kill Albus. Albus even knows he won't be able to do it. The unbreakable vow I had made with Narcissa was still fresh in my mind. I knew I would have no problem keeping it because I already promised Albus I would do it regardless.

"Yes my lord," I said. The slimy man then turned his gaze towards the youngest person in the room, waiting for a response. Lucius then nudged Draco, trying to get him to speak. He looked up and around at the people around him. Everyone was staring at him very intently. His eyes drifted towards the Dark Lord and he nodded his head in agreement. "Good." the pale figure whispered. "Now, that is all for tonight." 

Everyone stood and began leaving. I was making my way towards the front doors when I felt a hand on my shoulder. Lucius. I rolled my eyes and stopped, allowing him to come around and face me. "Severus. Thank you." I cocked an eyebrow at his words. "For?" I asked in a monotone voice. "For keeping an eye on my son." Unbelievable. I nodded and pushed past him, grabbing my cloak and leaving.

Once I got back to the castle, I made my way towards my chambers quickly and quietly. Once I reached my quarters I swiftly opened and shut my door after stepping in. I slammed my cloak onto the table and leaned onto it. This is not what I wanted. It's not even worth it anymore. Minerva, Poppy, Y/n...This isn't fair to them. They won't understand and there's no way they'll be able to. And I can't even tell them why. I push off the table, leaving my cloak laying on it, and made my way towards my room. I bend down and pick up a book that was left on my table by Y/n from our lessons. I look at it, brushing my fingers over the cover softly. My grip on the book then tightens and I inhale sharply, I lift my arm and throw the book at the wall.