Chapter 19

~Your POV~

It had been a week since Snape had basically told me to get lost. At this point, I wasn't sad anymore, just angry. I hadn't talked to him since it happened, didn't answer questions in class, didn't try to see into his mind, I barely even looked at him. At meals, I would keep my focus on what was going on at my table and engaged in as many conversations as I could. 

We had just taken a test in potions class and I knew I was going to make a good grade because instead of having lessons, Ron, Harry, and I studied with Hermione. We had one week to study so Hermione and I ended up studying after my Quidditch matches too even though I would be tired. Snape was handing out the graded tests and patronizing everyone for doing so horribly. 

"There were only two perfect grades in the class," he said as he began handing out the tests. "Congratulations," he said slowly. "To Miss Granger and Miss L/n." His voice had no emotion as he said my name. Hermione and I high-fived as our tests got put in front of us. "Miss L/n, I'd like to see you after class," Snape said sternly. I shot him a look yet he said nothing and walked away. 

What the hell does he want now? To tell me I'm not allowed to come to his class anymore? I rolled my eyes. "What's that about?" asked Hermione. "I don't know," I said obviously irritated. "It's probably some dumb shit," I said crossing my arms. "Pst. Y/n!" A loud whisper came from beside Hermione. "Yes?" I said. Ron and Harry both held up their tests to show Hermione and me. Oh, they did really well. Hermione gestured for the papers to be handed to her. 

She got the papers and handed me Harry's. "Oh, you missed the one about the Shrinking Potion," I said to Harry. "Well, that's the one you had problems with when we were studying so it's okay. You guys still did really good." I said while smiling. "Yes, you both did extremely well," added Hermione as she handed their papers back to them. 

We continued with the class which ended fairly quickly. "I feel like we just got here," said Hermione. "Yeah, I know. I was thinking the same thing." Everyone packed up and began leaving the class. I tried to sneak out with everyone else but was caught in the act. "Miss L/n, I do recall telling you to stay behind." I turned around to look at the professor who was seated at his desk grading papers. I stood there for a moment, without saying anything before he spoke again. 

"So, you and Miss Granger both got a perfect score." At this point I was annoyed. "Your point is?" I asked with a heavy attitude. He recognized the attitude straight away and his eyes shot up from his papers to look at me. He cocked an eyebrow at me. "Curious isn't it?" his deep voice continued, "That the two of you, sit beside one another, and both got perfect marks." Realization hit me harder than a bludger to the face. "What are you implying?" I scoffed at him. He bloody thinks I cheated! 

He rose from his seat. "Offended are we?" he asked smugly. "Yes, I'm bloody offended! You're accusing me of cheating off Hermione just because we both got perfect marks! Has it even crossed your closed-off mind that I might just actually be smart?!" I was basically yelling at the man on the other side of the room. "I don't appreciate your tone," he stated dangerously calmly. "Well, I don't like the fact that I'm being accused of something so drastic when I simply studied like a normal person." I spat back. "Are you trying for detention Miss L/n?" Snape asked. I was so frustrated that I just turned around and began walking away. 

The door closed just as I reached for the handle. "Open, the door," I said calmly. "This conversation isn't finished." the professor snapped. I inhaled sharply, still facing the door, "Well I'm finished with it." I heard something make a loud noise against a desk. "Detention." I scoffed. "Well, detention is better than this conversation." I grabbed the door handle, slung the door open, and stormed away. 

An hour later we were at dinner. "So what happened with Snape?" asked Harry. "Nothing. He just gave me a few more reasons to hate him." I said coldly without looking up from my food. The table was silent for a long moment. "He accused me of cheating on the test. Off Hermione." Another moment passed before anything was said. "He what?!" exclaimed Hermione. "You simply studied!" she said. "Yes, I know, and what's what I said. Now somehow I have detention." Fucking detention. "Well Malfoy has detention too," said Ron. "He said something that pissed McGonagall off." Not surprising. "Well, at least I won't have to be alone with him." 

We continued talking and eating. "What if I just didn't go to detention? What would happen then? I mean what is he gonna do? Give me more?" I got a few laughs. "I don't know but I'm sure something worse than detention with Snape," said Hermione. "Ha, I didn't know there was anything worse than having detention with a dungeon bat." Everyone started laughing. "Since when do you call Snape a dungeon bat?" asked Harry. "Since today," I said shrugging. 

Once dinner was over I walked out to the hallway with Ron, Harry, and Hermione. "Well, off to hell I go," I said. "Good luck," said Ron with a pat on the shoulder. Hermione hugged me and said she would see me later. Just as Harry, Ron, and Hermione left, Draco came over. "Hey, Y/n. You okay?" he asked as he put an arm over my shoulder. I pushed him off giggling, "Yes I'm fine. I heard you got detention with Snape." I said. "Yep. Pissed McGonagall off in class." I looked over at him and sighed. "Well, you aren't alone. I pissed Snape off." Draco looked at me with a slightly surprised facial expression and chuckled. "What did you do?" he asked. "He said he thought I cheated on the potions test from last week and I got mad at him and I kinda sorta yelled at him. But it's whatever." I said shrugging. 

Draco was obviously surprised by what I told him. "Well alright then." We started for the potions classroom together, fairly slowly, laughing and joking the whole way there.