chapter 41

kinda important a/n at the end!

i knew i had to get more clothes sometime soon, as much as i was putting it off while staying at lucas for a bit, i could tell he probably didn't want me there any longer.

once giving myself a pep talk in the mirror i grabbed my phone and headed back home hoping i wouldn't see anyone there.

i wasn't going to kick them out or anything because they don't really have anywhere else to stay, but i wasn't planning on going back permanently any time soon either.

i walked in to the studio and luckily no one seemed to be inside.

i guess they were out doing something?

when i got upstairs to grab my backpack and fill it with clothes, out of the corner of my eye, i noticed something on the side table by the bed that luke and i would share.

luke. it seems as though the days when he would hum me to sleep after a long day of school, and play with my hand to relieve his nerves, were almost a distant memory.

as i got closer i realised that it was a note with the name 'princess' and a messy drawing of a little crown on it.

the thought of him taking the time to find the coloured markers and changing them each time to change colours to make the crown unique with my favourite colours made my heart warm, just a little though.

i took in a deep breath and opened the envelope to reveal a letter with his messy handwriting that was almost too hard to read.

after reading the note i could only think one though, this just got more complicated. i couldn't help but let a few tears slip. i put the note back into the envelope and placed it in the front pocket of my backpack. the same backpack that he put his keychain on when i first moved in so that i would never forget him when i was at school. the same backpack that had his flannel and beanie in that i stole one of the first weeks i met him. the same backpack that had crumpled up songs and notes at the bottom from luke. the same backpack that brought up so many memories of luke.

i couldn't bear the thought of staying in that garage any longer and so just like that i left. the only way one would be able to see i was there was because of the note. he knows i got it now, so he knows i'm okay.

____________
so basically i had a rly good idea for the ending and i decided to take part of this chapter out so that the endings better which is why this ones rly short but um yea

also wld h guys want a second book once i finish this one bc i don't know how much longer this one will b and i don't rly wanna end it bc it's literally like my diary so like yea what shld i do pls😀

anyways make sure to drink some water and go outside if it's not too cold and like not 1am when ur reading this depending on time zones!

idea cred go to hail130007 for this chapter!!! go follow!!