chapter 43

i couldn't exactly understand as to why trevor has attended the club since the 90s. maybe he has some weird deal with caleb, or they're in love. i wouldn't be surprised by either one. taleb.. crevor? again, either could work.

it felt as if i was going everyday after school to the club, there was nothing else i could do, i made a deal and caleb sure as hell wasn't about to let me break it.

it was the first cool day in a while and i couldn't be happier that i had a few hours before i had to go back to work.

i watched as the trees slightly blew in the wind, and the flowers started to bloom, surprising me with their beautiful colours. i couldn't keep my eyes off the ocean, the waves so peaceful far out, yet whenever we seem to see them we only notice the crashing at shore, never admiring the subtleness. i guess it's true what they say, it truly was the calm before the storm.

i continued skating along the park, trying to take in the softness of everything. the vibrant colours of the stores, mixed with the softness of the ocean. it truly looked like a painting. but in a painting there always has to be a center of attention, and i think i just figured out what would draw the attention of the people viewing this masterpiece. only he would be the price tag, the one thing to make you look away from the beautiful painting. the one thing out of place. the one thing to make you try and find everything wrong with the painting, so when you look at that price tag, you no longer feel bad that you can't get it. or in this case, that i can't talk to him. that i can't even admit to have seen him.

i don't think i've ever skated away faster in my life, but there was absolutely no way i was about to deal with luke patterson.

•••

"you look distracted" willy said, bringing me into full consciousness and out of my head, where i've lately been spending way too much time.

"sorry, what were you saying?" i asked immediately feeling guilty i wasn't paying attention.

"never mind, it wasn't important, what's up with you? you okay?" the feeling of guilt only continued to rise, i hated when people would refuse to say what they originally wanted to bring up. i knew it was my fault when they dropped the subject and i wasn't about to let him get away with this.

"no, no, no, what did you want to talk about? i'm sorry i wasn't completely attentive at first, but you now have my complete and undivided attention." i made sure to give him a slight look letting him know he wasn't about to win this fight.

"okay fine! so, well- um- you know you're friends?" he stuttered seeming way too nervous for something that probably wouldn't be that big of a deal.

"yes..." i spoke tentatively.

"well, um- you know alex?"

"no, i don't know alex" i sarcastically spoke, wanting him to get to the point already.

"right, sorry, dumb question. um- so i was wondering if he ever talked about me?" he spoke slowly trying to understand if that was what he wanted to ask.
"or you know if he doesn't, that's cool too, i was just wondering. you know what forget i even said anything!" he quickly added.

"HOLY SHIT!" i couldn't believe the words coming out of willys mouth. i always knew that they were close, but i never knew either actually would admit to their feelings.

"oh my god, the two of you would literally be perfect!" i was overrun by excitement.

"first trevor and caleb, and now you and alex, what is up with everyone finding their soulmates today?" i didn't even realise what i said so before he could question me we both just looked at each other and started laughing.

"he always talks about you, the two of you would be perfect together! please please let me tell him you like him, i wanna help set you two up!" at least it would take my mind off everything else.

"no y/n i'm serious you can't tell him anything! i'm not joking right now, please don't tell him anything" i hated when he looked at me like that, there was no way i was about to break his trust.

"ugh, fine, but i'm telling you, you have to tell him soon or else he'll get with some other dude, the clock is ticking" i joked with him.

the two of us spent the rest of our free time by talking a little longer, and then moving on to the skate park. i didn't know how close i could get to someone in such a short period of time, but i could tell with willy and lucas both by my side, as well as carrie, i shouldn't have any problem forgetting about luke. right?

_____________

filler chapter i guess? idrk

but yea i'm kinda stuck for rn i have a few good ideas so i'm hoping i'll get some inspo to write better and stuff.

HOPE U GUYS LIKE IT THO!

AND REMEMBER TO DRINK WATER AND GO OUTSIDE IF ITS WARM OUT BC WHERE I AM ITS SO NICE OUT RN FOR THIS WEEK I LOCE IT SM!