Chapter 6: My kidnapping. (Part 2)

When we exited the forest Ronalt immediately hounded for me.

"You're la-. Who is this?" he gestured to the women cowering behind me. I couldn't blame her apprehension. Although Ronalt had a handsome face whenever he looked at me it was usually intimidating.

"She was being chased by bandits and I helped her," I answered dryly and straight to the point.

For a moment he looked between us in suspicion and the poor women flinched in fear. The least he could do was let up on the glaring. His gaze softened as the Hero came closer.

"You're hurt," gently she held out her hand to the women. "What's your name? It's okay, don't be scared you're safe now."

"Faith," the women answered timidly.

"Faith come with me," the Hero took her hand. "Marley she needs treatment."

"On it!" Marley saluted her in reply. I didn't miss her eyes lock onto the bundle of herbs tied to my waist.

I boiled some water and made the women, Faith, something to calm her. She was still frightful but the Hero and Ardent were doing a good job keeping her company. Finally as she relaxed she began to explain.

"It happened three days ago. My friends and I were travelling through here. People told us not to but we thought together we'd be able to handle anything.... The bandits came for us during the night." Her hands began to shake and the Hero placed hers on top letting out an encouraging smile. She continued, "There were eight of us... the bandits came so fast we couldn't even defend ourselves and before I knew it I was tied up in some cave. They... they killed Patrick." Her eyes began to water and tears came soon after but she pushed onwards. "Please I managed to escape but my friends are still in there. You need to save them! I can't handle knowing what they might be doing to them."

Earnest held his sword tightly against his waist, "How did you escape?"

"Huh? Ah...," her expression stiffened. "Those two men that chased me. They wanted me for themselves and... I managed to push them away but...." Her eyes clenched unable to finish her sentence. Finally she looked at me, "If you hadn't been nearby Goddess knows what they would have done to me."

I frowned. The biggest reason why was what happened to her. It was terrible and something needed to be done. The other reason was because this just put me at so much more risk. Let's go take on another group of bandits! Yay.... Damn it.

Suddenly Faith dropped her mug and the contents spilled to the dirt, "S-sorry, I'll clean it up."

"No it's fine," the Hero stopped her. "You're tired. You can rest in our carriage. We promise to save your friends so take it easy."

"Thank you," she let out a teary smile and let the Hero guide her away. For a moment the rest of us said nothing as we all contemplated the situation.

"Ronalt what do you think?" Ardent asked him.

He frowned, "This is a problem.... We don't know how many bandits there are or really how powerful they may be."

"We can't do nothing!" it was Marley who shouted. Since Faith's story she had been oddly stiff and her sudden outburst caught everyone by surprise. "Even if you say no those bandits need to be put down." The grip on her hammer tightened as her violent side was pricked.

"I didn't say we'd do nothing." Ronaly continued determined, "This is something we can't ignore. We may have our own mission but I refuse to watch my people in pain. We'll do as Lara has promised and remove the bandits."