The Past Is History... Or Is It??

“So it’s my fault?” I asked genuinely confused.

“Absolutely not! Well not entirely. It’s all Damien’s fault but you and Dimitri just fueled the fire he started because you’re falling for each other and that scares you both. Neither of you know how to figure out your feelings or whether the other one is feeling that way, you also don’t know that when you open your heart that they’re going to run off with the first piece of tail that they see... or a Prince.” That put everything into perspective.

“I think I’m falling in love with him Luce.”

“I know you are Grace, but here’s what to do. Do not be the first one to grovel, let him be the one who comes to you so give him the silent treatment until that happens.” She made it all sound so easy.

“Ok. I can do this.”

“I know you can. I’ve got to go but you phone me if you have any more problems ok?”

“Yeah. Thanks Luce, I really don’t know what I’d do without you.” I genuinely meant it.

“That’s what sisters are for.” She said and hung up, leaving me with a lighter heart when I walked into the house and saw Dimitri sat on the edge of the couch looking pensive. He looked up at me when I walked in so I threw the phone to him and went into the kitchen without saying a word to him. 

Morning quickly came and I watched the sun start to rise over the shimmering lake, making it look like it was filled with tiny little diamonds. The urge  to go for a swim was overwhelming but I just decided to take in the beautiful scenery rather than be among it. After sneaking out at two o’clock this morning just for this view I leaned back on my arms to rest and moved my feet slightly in the chilly water.
I had absolutely no idea how to deal with this Dimitri situation effectively which had lead to no sleep and a lot of tossing, turning and pining. I shut my eyes and let the heat of the morning sun warm my cheeks as it rose higher into the sky. After a while the water began to ripple slightly next to me and I didn’t need to open my eyes to know that Dimitri was sat there with his trouser legs pulled up to his knees and feet in the water just like me. We really were perfect for each other. I just needed to make him realise what he has before he loses it. “For training today I figured we could go for a long run to test your endurance because it’s obvious your fighting doesn’t particularly need any more work-”

“According to you the Prince has already tested my endurance and as you were so certain of that then why do I need to go for a run with you?”

He winced and I shook my head and jumped up without bothering to listen to his answer. I picked my trainers up and quickly slotted them on my feet before taking off in a medium paced jog that I could probably keep up for about ten miles. 

It didn’t take long for Dimitri to catch up to me but instead of overtaking me he matched his speed to my own but I didn’t say a word. What was that saying? Be mean, keep ‘em keen‘ and clearly it already seemed to be working. The silence began to stretch on as the miles started passing by and occasionally, when Dimitri seemed to be in his own world, I glanced at his profile appreciating the way the sunlight hit his aristocratic cheeks and made him look even more masculine and outdoorsy, like he made to be outside chopping wood for a fire while his wife was cooking dinner at home...

A branch appeared out of nowhere and my foot snagged under it causing me to lose my balance and fall flat on my face, sprawled out on the ground in a gangly heap. I could here Dimitri trying not to laugh at my side and I kept my head in the dirt to hide my blush from him. How could I have fallen while ogling a boy?! That was something Lucy would do not me! At least he didn’t know-