Hiding... Why Didn't I Pick A Better Spot??

Hiding... Why Didn't Pick A Better Spot??

"Grace!" Lucy shouted to me and I winced in response as all the vampires turned to look at me. As if they hadn't noticed the door slamming but Lucy just had to shout me as well!

"Hi Lucy." I awkwardly waved and looked around the room to see if she could get to me without any problems... No. Damn.

"Hi guys!" I said to the rest of them and the rest of the girls started screaming at me to get them out of there like I was Buffy. "I'm just going to be taking Lucy and be out of your way now because we've got awful blood."

Lucy tried to walk past a vampire but got shoved back to the rest of the girls. One of the men started to walk towards me with a cynical smile on his face. "My blood went of years ago so you don't want that... It'll be bad for you!" I added and realised how much of an idiot I actually sounded.

I heard Damien's shout of anger from the next room and realised I had to make a decision about what to do quickly. "I'm scared Grace." Lucy murmured and her eyes showed a fear that words couldn't describe, so I walked slowly past the wary vampires and stood with the rest of the crying girls.

I gave Lucy a long hug and whispered, "I'm here for you Luce and I told you that I wouldn't leave you-"

"GRACE!" Damien bellowed from closer now but I began to move into the centre of the huddle of girls to avoid being separated from Lucy.

He appeared moments later with a look of thunder on his face.

"Where is she?" He hissed but the whole room remained silent.

Dimitri appeared moments with a broad smile on his face. "Looks like you can't get one much tougher to me Damien." Before Damien could butt in Dimitri continued, "BUT now that she's in this room she will have to go to auction like the rest of the girls. I guess you'll just have to argue for her..."

Dimitri looked straight at me and in that moment I realised he could tell exactly where I was but wanted the prince to have a little more trouble with me but... Why??

"Fine." Was all Damien said as he stormed out of the room.

Dimitri nodded to me and left shortly after him.

"Well that was weird." Lucy muttered to me quietly. "Why was he after you? And why is it always you the hunky ones like?" She added with a sly smile.

I shook my head at her. Trust her to only concentrate on the looks of the vampires and not the fact that we're about to be auctioned to the probably for food. "All the NORMAL hunky ones are always after you so I wouldn't worry about it."

The vampires started to close in around us and silently we were herded out of the room and down a quiet corridor.

Tension began to build up in me until we reached a giant ornate doors that seemed to be muffling sounds on the other side of it.

"What is behind that door?" A girl mumbled and was backhanded for her question by what seemed to be the leader of this group.

"Hey!" I shouted but it was drowned out by the sound of the door opening. Lucy gripped my arm tightly and that had me looking back to what was behind the door...

A Market place!!!