Fighting Instincts

"You really should check what was in that letter you know, it could be important." I laughed as I braided my hair down my back and slipped into a black vest and black tight shorts with some ballet style black trainers to complete my cute ensemble. Today was my first fight and I had to make a good impression to become a guard, one of Dimitri's royal guards no less, or look like what everyone thought I was: Damien's pet.

All he did was look at it and shrug as he pulled on a black long sleeved tee over his black jeans and pulled on his floor length leather jacket on top of that. Usually the goth look didn't do it for me but Dimka somehow made it look dangerous and sexy all at the same time. Yum. "If it was that important whoever sent it would have come and talked to me personally, now I'm more concerned that my lover is going into a fight with guards that I personally trained until they were the best." He pulled me by the waist up to him so that I had to slant my head back to see him and the concerned look in his eyes made my heart warm even more.

"What are you going to do when I become a royal guard, one of your royal guards, and have to do my duty?" I raised a brow when he looked like he was considering what to do, almost as if he hadn't thought that far ahead or looked into it too deeply.

"I'll finally assign a guard to watch me twenty four seven because I'm entitled have my own guards." He bent down and kissed me sweetly. "Know anyone who'd be up for the position?"

"I know someone who would love that position, and many more positions with you but what are you going to do when Damien demands the guard he personally fetched into the castle to be his?" We both knew there was no way Damien would let me get away with being Dimitri's 'guard' quietly when I was meant to be for his pleasure.

"Then I'll finally give him the ass kicking he's been deserving for a long time and we'll not have anymore problems." He had an answer for everything!

"Okay, what about when you lead your guards on raids and such? I'll technically be one of the guards and your personal guard so I'll have to go on any you go on-" this plan sounded amazing to me the more I said it, I could watch over Dimitri all the time and we'd never have to be a part.

"For those I'd wrap you in bubble wrap and leave you somewhere safe until I returned." His eyes sparkled with amusement but I knew a part of him wasn't joking but I'd have to cross that bridge when I came to it.

"Then I guess I'll just have to win these fights for you to prove to you that I deserve that position by your right hand side." I moved to his right side and grabbed his had, readying to walk out of he the room and towards the arena.

He stared at me intently. "You never have to prove to anyone that you belong by my side because that position will always be yours." He pulled my hand from his and kissed my knuckles before placing it in the crevice of his arm to escort me to the arena like a gentleman would do when escorting a lady to a dance.

We entered the arena to cheers as my Mr. Friendly just placed one of the guards flat on his back and placed a foot on his chest, easily winning the contest and making it look like he'd barely even tried. I smiled at Dimitri before letting go of him to head to the ring side while he walked towards the box where Damien was sat glaring at me, again. When I reached the opening to the arena area my mr friendly was just walking out and his smile grew broader when he spotted me.

"Looking good princes pet!" He laughed and came to stand right beside me with an arm slung around my shoulders, my gaze shot up to see both Dimitri and Damien glaring at the guy and I was sure he saw it too but he didn't seem fazed which I had to admire.

"My friends usually call me Grace." I looked up at him and smiled sweetly. "It might not be as fun but it didn't wind up with my foot up there ass."