Falling... But Do I Want To Fall??

(DIMITRI’S POV)

I watched Grace storm past me and was tempted to run after her, which was crazy because I wasn’t even angry at seeing my wife with- Damien began stirring to consciousness, cutting off my thoughts. “She’s my future wife.” He said with no doubt in his tone before even opening his eyes and I squeezed the pillows so tight around me that they almost ripped.

“She tried to stake you in your heart while you were unconscious.” I ground out, trying to sway him from having his sights set on Grace.

He shrugged. “Lovers tiff and it was a fight which she won, guess that means she’s on top tonight.” My gaze snapped to his but he didn’t show any emotion past his cockiness. “What? The fight with me today was about who got to be on top when we get back to the castle.” I couldn’t accept that. Why would she try to kill him if that was meant to be foreplay? Her emotions showed nothing but hatred for him... Hadn’t they? 

Damien jumped up and headed to the door without another word on the issue. “I’ll await the delivery of my Princess fully trained and raring to go when you get back Dimitri.” He left the house and I could have easily staked him myself at that moment. Better yet I should have let Grace stake him when she’d had the opportunity twice.

If she thought I would go up and grovel with an apology to get her to come down then she had another thing coming. In fact I should have just sent her with Damien and got her out of my hair while I still could because I didn’t want to feel the things I was feeling for her when she slept with Damien in one of my bed’s while acting like it was me she was interested in. If I grading her on her acting skill then she would get full marks.

I went to turn the tv on to avoid the temptation to go upstairs just to see her and decided that I would see her eventually because she had to eat. I helped myself to some blood and sipped it quietly while waiting for her to arrive.

Lunch time passed and I glanced at the bottom of the stairs, imagining her walking down them beaming at me with her breathtaking smile. No such luck, but I made myself stay seated and flicked through the channels until I found one to keep me entertained until tea time. She couldn’t go through today on a cereal bar!

Tea time came and went and I began to get fidgety until even flicking through the channels couldn’t keep me still anymore. How could she go this long without food? I began pacing across the floor, debating whether to go upstairs and demand that she join me for dinner but then her on top of Damien had me slumping back down onto the couch with resolution for now. Let her starve if I was no longer the type of company she wanted around her. How would she react to know about my title? Would I be the one beneath her instead of Damien?  That thought angered me more because if she wanted to be a title snob then I didn’t want to have anything to do with her anyway!

When supper time came I’d had enough. She was going to be my partner so she was going to start treating me like an equal- I winced at the term ‘equal’ remembering what I had said to her earlier about her being my lesser in every way because I didn’t think that, but I wanted to hurt her as much as she had hurt me. Enough is enough! I stormed up the stairs and went to walk through the bedroom door, only to find it locked from the inside.

I banged on the door. “Grace unlock this door immediately!” No answer. “So help me God Grace if you don’t open this door by the time I count to three then I will break it down and you WILL regret it. I promise you that.” No reply again. “One.” There was no rustling of sheets or anything. “Two.” I couldn’t even hear her breathing. Was she alright? “THREE!” I easily pushed down the door to find an unused bed and a deserted room. “GRACE!!!” I looked at the window and saw it open, clearly her point of exit.