Thirst

(Graces's POV)

Like booting up a computer my mind suddenly went from hibernating to on in the blink of and eye and I could smell everything. The maid down the hall carrying freshly washed linen sheets and chewing on peppermint flavoured gum, a guard who had put way too much cologne on which made me wonder how he could stand the smell that close to him and a tantalising scent that wasn't like anything I'd ever smelt before tingled through my nostrils and had me salivating slightly. Images flashed through my mind about all the delicious foods it could be and I felt my k9's growing longer in my mouth the more I thought about it and the hungrier I became. One image in particular stood out amongst the rest and that was blood dripping from Dimitri's neck as he stared at me with an eager anticipation lighting his eyes, his smile inviting to bite and enjoy him thoroughly.

I clutched the sheets as the fantasy progressed and as soon as I did I could smell his enticing scent all around me woven in the sheets and embedded in the very pillows that were under my head. My eyes shot open and my fangs got impossibly longer as I sat bolt upright and hissed in desperate need of my man. I scanned the room but I already knew that he wasn't here, his scent in the air was too faint for that. I tried to listen with my new enhanced hearing to see if I could make out his footfalls but it was like trying to find Wally in a castle full of people of different levels, all the result achieved was me getting a migraine at hearing so many things at once. I put all my focus into shutting out the noises and the smells but I could feel the panic set in when it wasn't as easy as I thought it was going to be. My teeth ached with need for food -blood-, other parts of me ached with need for something other than food and I could smell and hear everything going on around me. My body felt sensitive and my 20-20 vision enhanced that much that I could see the dust particles on the spine of a very old looking book.

Book! That's what I needed, a distraction and what perfect way to than to read what I hoped was a hard read. I moved to cross the room to the bookshelf and was there the next minute without the conscious thought of me moving. The effect was rather heady. "So going to enjoy the benefits of being a vampire!" I mused and laughed to myself, I just needed to wait and see if there were any downsides that I couldn't cope with. I shook my head before I could start contemplating what downsides their could be and grabbed the thick tome.

I was back in bed as if I had flown and plumped up some pillows behind me before opening the book to beam at the old edition of what turned out to be Shakespeare's 'Romeo and Juliet'. I loved Shakespeare so this was the perfect thing to take my mind off of all of my other needs, until Dimka got here anyway.

Engrossed in the lives of a couple fighting against their very own families for their love, it took me a minute to realise that I was no longer alone in the room and with that my fangs protruded again as if I had never been in control of them.

Dimitri stood just inside the doorway with the door closed behind him staring at me with an odd look on his face. "Are you alright Dimitri?" What was wrong with him?

He shook his head and smiled at me. "Anyone tell you vampirism suits you?" He ran to my side and when he did it was like all his movements were at normal speed for a change although I knew they weren't. "I mean you turn me on just looking at those little fangs in your mouth." He leaned in from his seated position beside me and stole a quick but enticing kiss before breaking off and glancing at the book I was reading. "Only you would read when just having died."

"It's Romeo and Juliet!" I defended and closed the book but not before sneakily remembering what page I was up to.

"Ah Shakespeare." He laughed. "'A pair of star-cross'd lovers take their life; do with their death bury their parents' strife.' You like Shakespeare." It wasn't a question.

"Appropriate Romeo and Juliet quote for our situation. Do you like Shakespeare?"

"Nope, he's a pompous know-it-all." I burst out laughing and he beamed up at me with a smile that almost made me forgive him for not liking one of the most famous writers in the world.

"I think the key thing in that sentence baby is that he does know his stuff in his plays and poems. Besides if he wasn't as good I wouldn't have been reading his work and you wouldn't have just been able to majorly impressed me with your quotes." His gaze dropped to my lips.

"Well I live to impress you my love." His eyes promised so much pleasure that I almost screamed when the knock came at the door.

"Leave it." I hissed needing him as a wave of lust washed over me like a tsunami.

"I can't, you've been MIA and Damien has actually been worried about you-" I scoffed at that before he'd even finished saying it.

"The only person Damien truly worries about is Damien so in reality he's wondering where his new plaything is hiding." Dimitri winced at something making me watch him closely to try and figure out what would get him so- I gasped.

"You didn't tell him that you changed me did you." That wasn't a question either because I could tell by the guilty look on his face. "You think he won't notice when even now I'm craving your blood like a cheeseburger." My fangs dropped and the lust renewed with hunger and my teeth ached.

"God they're sexy." He ran his forefinger over one of my fangs and I shivered but then he was gone from the bed and answering the door with a growled "what is it." I leaned over on the end slightly to see a frightened looking maid stood there with a letter in her hand which she practically threw at Dimitri and then ran off down the corridor. What could possibly scare her enough-? Dimitri turned around and his fangs were protruding as much as mine were but his black eyes shone with a need that was evident within the constricting trousers he wore.

I cleared my throat because to me that was the sexiest sight I'd ever seen, he was what I'd have had on a poster on my wall: the bad boy. "What does the letter say?" Was that my husky voice?

"Don't give a rats ass." He threw it on a side table and stalked towards me with that predatory gleam in his eyes, the problem was that my predatory nature was kicking up at the thought of being hunted. So why didn't I take charge for once? I'm stronger now and it was time I got my own way.

I got up and ran around the bed so that I was behind him and with a great push I had him on the bed beneath me while he stared up at me like he was seeing me for the first time but I couldn't register that look before instinct kicked in and my teeth sunk into his neck and felt his amazing blood flowing into me, it was like an orgasm in liquid form. I felt him shift beneath me and I was slammed onto my back as our roles became reversed and he sunk his teeth into me while my own were still embedded in his neck. The act was erotic and I needed him, all of him, in me.

As if reading my thoughts clothes disappeared and he obliged my needs, all of them, until I was screaming to the rafters. Several times.