Acting Human Never Felt So Good!

He carried me inside, past the spacious living room and straight up the stairs into a grand bedroom where he deposited me down onto the bed. He lowered himself a bit lower than me so that I could pull my arms over his head, allowing him to uncuff me easier.

“So go and surprise me then. Where are we?” I asked as I looked around the room and saw a window that had a view to die for. There was a giant glimmering blue lake outside of the window.

“We’re at my house.” He said, facing out of the window.

“And why would you fetch me to your home when you don’t know anything about me? For all you know I could be a world renowned thief. “

“Then world renowned thief, would you please not steal anything?” He joked while still staring out of the window.

“But why fetch me here? If this is a part of you and I’m just a slave then why show me something private?”

“You’re acting like I’ve just flashed you. It’s a house not my private member. Besides I have to train you to be good enough.”

“Good enough for what?”

“To be my partner.” There was clearly something I was missing in this conversation and I was seriously starting to sound like a parrot.

“To be your partner for what?”

“You’re chattier than usual today.” He noted with a dry tone and finally turned to look at me. “To train Damien. I’m not enough training for him because after all the years I’ve been combatting him, he’s begun to learn my moves. He’s something new, something fresh and I think you’re exactly what he needs.”

“What? You think he needs a good butt kicking?” I joked.

“I think he’s needed one of them for years now, but he also needs to learn how to defend and attack in different situations. I’m not going to be around for him forever and he might have more than one opponent.”

“Then get some of the guards to attack him together.”

“I’d love to do that, just so that he could see that he’s not as hard as he thinks he is, but that doesn’t teach him to fight back. That teaches him to take a punch and to not tick off the wrong people.”

“You have a slight problem though.” I pointed out. “I’m human and he’s vampire. He could kill me if he takes a swing at me and actually hits me.”

“I have no doubt in my mind that he won’t be able to hit you, but when you start combatting the guards I’ll review your situation again and do what has to be done.”

I shot off of the bed. “Do what has to be done? What do you mean by that exactly?” I fumed.

“To become a royal guard, we have to test your worth by competing you against all of the other guards and any other vampires who want to take you on.” My eyes widened in slight fear.