Waking Up To The Unexpected... Damn!!!

(GRACE'S POV)

I woke up slowly to the realisation that I wasn't in my own bed. I looked around the room to see expensive paintings adorning the walls with a large window in the middle of it (aka my possible escape in the near future). Long heavy curtains draped over the window and that wasn't the only plush thing in the room. I looked down at the bed I was on and noticed how luxurious the olden traditional four poster bed was. Netting hung from post to post creating a coveted feel to the bed... And its occupants... The double bed sheets were black silk to match the rest of the decor and the mattress was firm but extremely comfortable.

My gaze continued to roam around the room until it landed on a chair in the corner of the room to the right side of the bed, but it wasn't the chair that bothered me... It was the figure sitting in it.

I wish I could say that I reacted rationally but I can't unfortunately... I reacted how any normal person would when being kidnapped and waking up in a strange bed in a strange room with a stranger sitting on a chair next to the bed: I screamed like hell and bolted for the door.

Unfortunately I didn't get very far as the figure in the corner of the room moved with unnatural speed, indicating he was a vampire as well. I made it to the door handle by trying to avoid him before his strong arms banded around my waist and pulled me close to him. "Ah ah ah. Where do we think we're going?" He mocked and started to move me back towards the bed. The only thing I knew about him was that he wasn't Dimitri.

"To get my best friend and go home, how about you?" I sniped back and he was at a loss for words until he laughed.

"Dimitri was right about your personality, that's for certain." he chucked be onto the bed casually and sat beside me, then he looked down at me and my breath caught in my throat. He was gorgeous with a capital 'G'!!! His intelligent green gaze bored into mine and in the depths swirled knowledge, age and... Loneliness?? His black hair was an organised mess showing he cared about his appearance but wanted to appear like he didn't give a damn.

"And you are whom may I ask?" I asked wary about ticking off a hot vampire who I didn't know but was on the same bed as.

"How rude of me! My name is Damien Dasdov." He smiled at me like I was meant to know what the name's significance was. When I Said nothing but continued to eye him warily, his smile turned into a frown before composing himself and smirking at me. "Never mind with who I am. Who are you when you have you hair down?"

"The same as who I am with my hair up." I said in a deadpan voice after getting past the roadblock that was him flirting with me when I was being held here against my will.

I moved back slowly on the bed to put a bit of distance between us, but he must have noticed and grabbed my anole before I could get it out of the way. He pulled me (by my ankle!) next to him and then switched his grip from my ankle to around my shoulders.

"We're getting to know one another so don't leave yet." He spoke calmly but beneath that cool façade I could see the hint of annoyance and excitement. "Now tell me a bit about yourself Grace." I was startled that he knew my name but then I realised Dimitri must have informed him on the latest 'captives'.

"Well I'm 5 foot 4 and I hate vampires." I said with a smirk of my own but all he responded with was to tighten his grip on my shoulder.

"And you clearly have tons of witty responses to everything I say so let's deal with that first shall we?" What did he mean 'deal with that'? I didn't want to stay to find out. His grip loosened just the slightest bit but I took the opportunity and jumped off of the bed and straight for the door. This time I made it as well.

Thrusting the door open I ran out to find Lucy... But I ran straight into Dimitri who's arms became brackets holding me in place! "You want to let go now?" I gritted out between clenched teeth.

He laughed. "Why would I want to do that when I'm comfortable about where you are." He smirked down at me and I glared at him. He looked up from me and back into the room. "Damien! I think you lost something!" He shouted before picking me up and taking me into the room.

"Did I mention that I hate you?" I said sweetly to Dimitri and when he let me go, I turned around and glared at Damien. "Where's Lucy?" I demanded and looked between the two of them. "Well?!"

They both ignored me and spoke to each other over my head. "She's got the mouth but I seriously doubt that she could give me a run for my money. She's tiny and fragile. Find me one as good looking but not a fragile next time." Damien spoke calmly as if he were discussing his next meal.

"Oh yeah, your Highness?" Dimitri questioned in an amused tone. "Will you hold her for a minute? Because my pager's going off." He handed me over and said casually. "By the way, your best friend is in the next room being drunk from as we speak."

Without thinking I flung my head back and smacked it into Damien's nose. Lucy was in trouble and I had to keep my promise and get back to her.

When Damien let go I needed to make sure he wouldn't follow mentor a while, so I did the one thing that will always incapacitate a man or even a male vampire... I kicked him where it counts. Then I ran.

The weird thing was that Dimitri didn't try to stop me, all he did was proudly smile at me as I ran through the door. I headed towards the room Dimitri had told me Lucy was in and threw open the door when I reached it... But I didn't expect to see what I saw.

A room full of vampires surrounding a group of girls. One of them including Lucy...