Let The Seduction Begin!

(GRACE’S POV)

I hadn’t spoken about my mother in years and her voice through my own rattled me to a point where I couldn’t be near anyone. When I told Dimitri about my mother’s death I could see the pity in his eyes and knew that he was dying to know the situation but even after all these years had passed I still couldn’t bring myself to talk about it with anyone other than Lucy and even then we rarely spoke about it.

She was dead so I never saw the reason to talk about her murder when the only thing it accomplished was pain for me and a look of pity and then a brush of from the other person while they move on with their life. I was glad that Dimitri hadn’t asked the questions he clearly wanted answered but at the same time I wish I could talk about it with him because, for the first time in ages, he felt like the type of person who wouldn’t shrug it off like it was no big deal and I found that I actually wanted to tell him everything. The only thing stopping me now was because he didn’t want to tell me about his personal life so clearly he didn’t particularly want her to get to know him or vice versa.

After what felt like years of contemplation Dimitri walked in with the food and wine, pulling me out of the memories of my mother’s death. “Tea is served madame.” He place the food down in front of me and took the seat next to me. “I hope you like the food you made.” He was being extra cheery which was not like him until I realised that he was trying to over compensate on happiness because I was bringing a lot of tension to the room with my misery.

“I didn’t cook it.” Which was technically true and he smiled and looked at the food with sudden pride.

“You’re right.” I rolled my eyes at his declaration and prodded him in the arm with my fork which he mockingly rubbed as if he was in pain. “I felt that fork.” He played on the starwars innuendo of feeling the force and I gasped.

“You’re a starwars fan?” I laughed and he blushed slightly.

“I’ve seen them.” He grumbled. “But a fan is pushing it a bit.”

I put my hand over my mouth and breathed as if I was having trouble breathing. “Luke, I am your father.” I fell off of my chair laughing at him and he began eating, ignoring me with an indignant scowl on his face.

“You’re not funny.” He said when I’d stopped laughing and sat back in my chair.

“I’m hilarious, you just can’t see it because it’s aimed at you.” I winked at him and started eating the delicious meal and even had a second helping. It was so much like my mother’s that I smiled at the good memories of me and mother in the kitchen, cooking together.

“I don’t know what’s making you smile like that but clearly something in your life if worth remembering.” I turned my smile to Dimitri and was genuinely glad that it was him I was sat here with at this moment because he didn’t ask why I was smiling and that made me smile more as new memories being made were adding to the good memories of my mother. 

After desert, which consisted of ice cream topped with grated chocolate on top, Dimitri brought in a glass of blood and began to pour it into his wine glass with his wine. I scrunched my face up and he noticed. “Don’t knock it until you try it.” He saluted with his glass and I shrugged agreeing with his point. Each to their own and to a vampire that was probably as good as chocolate and ice cream was to me.