Sometimes It's Best Not To Process Things...

"You were truly amazing out there you know." Dimitri whispered into my ear while my head rested on his chest, sleep had engulfed me pretty quickly after another two fights since I got socked in the jaw by meat fists.

"Mmhmm." I turned my face into his chest not wanting to be awake yet and he chuckled.

"My love's not a morning person?" I'm glad he found it funny because I certainly didn't. If I didn't get my sleep then I was one grouchy woman.

"I will eat you if you don't shut up." I mumbled and I could feel his chest vibrating from his laughter but I could sleep through that if I gave it a good shot.

"You promise?" His laughter went from the vibration of his chest to out loud laughing so I pushed him in the side and grumbled as I rolled over to find a nice pillow to lay on rather than mr chatty morning person. "Aww don't be like that." He teased and then I felt a hand going around my waist to pull my back snugly against the front of his body, leaving no doubt about how happy he was to be in bed with me.

"Go away." I tried to peel his hands off me but he kept hold as he started nuzzling my neck, the feeling was great but my body was starting to wake up which is exactly the opposite of what I needed, new technique. "Five more miuntes?" I pouted even though he couldn't see but he still didn't let go, he just found it amusing and continued playing unfair. He'd learn no one got between me and sleep.

Turning around in his arms I smiled up at him and started to roll over him so that I went on top, but then carried on rolling until I'd been on top twice and Dimitri had just gone on top for the third time and then he went to the left me and just laid there smiling. He let go of my waist so I leaned in to kiss him... and then pushed him off of the edge of the bed.

The thud as he landed followed by the "umph" made me happy and I smiled as I turned the other way and pushed my head into the pillow, smelling Dimitri's scent all over it. That's what I should do in future, get Dimitri to sleep on some pillows one night then fetch them into my room rather than him, that way I get the masculine scent of him without the morning person the following morning.

"Fine, I get the idea." I heard him stand up and then walk out of the room but I wasn't going to open my eyes now that I truly did have a chance at sleep again.

I couldn't tell how much later it was, it could have been five seconds, five minutes, five hours or five days when the door clicked open again and Dimitri's scent wafted back into the room making it complete. There goes my pillow idea. Tape? "You left me no choice." Was that sloshing? He wouldn't!

Ice cold water hit me a moment later and I sat up in a gasp, fangs out and a glare on my face while Dimitri found it hilarious as he was bent over with laughter. "You look scarier than most of my guards." I was deadlier than most of his guards at this moment in time.

"You just threw water on me!" I said it out loud just so that I could fully comprehend that he'd actually thrown water on me!

He shrugged, completely unrepentant. "You pushed me off the bed." They were nothing alike! "Besides Damien asked for you to meet him in the training rooms over an hour ago.

"And I'm getting this message now, why?"

Another shrug. "I wanted him to wait because it'll bug him and you looked like you could do with the extra hour in bed."

I begrudgingly admitted that that was sweet but still... "You're still in the dog house for throwing water on me." I grumbled as I got up from my now soaked bed and waddled my way into the bathroom. I really wasn't a morning person.