Chapter 27

HAPPY READING 🥰

Chapter 27
Listen while reading I have nothing
Image of Brian and Jinette.

Brain POV

I have been avoiding having this conversation with Jinette. I just don't know how to tell her. I know my behaviour is not helping anything. Me pushing her away wouldn't solve the problem but I honestly don't know how to handle what I'm feeling.

Not that I don't want children. I'm so scared of losing the one woman I've come to love after Charlotte. I have nothing without her. I'm nothing without her, she's my everything. God damn it, I love this woman I swear it hurts and I'm hurting her too. Fear and guilt are eating at me.

My phone ring and startle me out of my thoughts.

I answer, waiting for a response.

"Good morning B. How are you? It was so good running into you the other day."

"Charlotte?" I ask puzzle that she's calling me.

"Can we meet up for coffee," she asks.

"Charlotte what do you need," I don't need this today with all I'm dealing with.

"I have a proposal I think you would be interested in. We can work closely together to complete it."

"Charlotte I'm not interested in working with you or your proposal."

"Brian daddy is taking over the Grants hotel chain and needs an architect to remodel and redesign the brand."

"Why are you calling me Charlotte?"

"Can we meet, I was thinking you'd be interested since you did the same for the Blacks? Daddy is impressed with how you handle their work."

When she didn't hear my reply she continues.

"It's good business, Brian. Meet me at PBs and we can discuss more. I'm heading the project and it will be just like old time."

She says it all in one go."I will meet with you and we can discuss it."

We made all the necessary arrangements and I hang up. As much as I don't want to be around Charlotte right now, this is good business and you don't turn down good business this will attack more clients and boost profit margin.

I ring Sean. "Uncle Brian is that you."

"Hey buddy, you're in the building and didn't come to see uncle, Brian."

"Uncle Brian, I'm the PA I can't leave my office."

I laugh "Ok, Mr PA I'm the boss no one can fire you without my permission.

"Daddy is my boss he can fire me."

" No, he can't. Can I speak with your boss then?"

"Sure you can."

"Hey man, what's up," answers Sean.

"you have a new PA."

"Yeah, have my little helper for today."

"Charlotte just called."

"Brian you starting that up again?"

"What the fuck is wrong with you, I'm most definitely not starting anything with Charlotte. I love Jinette you know that."

"I would disown you, did you talk to Jinette."

"Not yet." I Sigh.

"Why Brian are you going to push her away and stress her, she doesn't need that right now."