Chapter 37

HAPPY READING 🥰

Chapter 37
Listen while reading count on me.

Brian POV

As we sit on the plane, waiting to take off. I was lost in thoughts, I didn't know what I was about to meet when we get to France. I still couldn't believe granddad didn't tell me about his condition and I haven't call since getting the news. I should've checked up more on him more and inquire after he overspent his time. I assume he was healthy as a horse and everything is alright. Now I'm dreading this trip but definitely can't avoid it.

I may or may not have been able to help him but it would have given me the satisfaction of knowing I helped him in some way or if had been by his side. With the help of Dr. Susan, we could have put together a team of the best doctors to help him. All these months he was alone hurting and didn't want family by his side. That didn't sit right with me.

I was so lost in thoughts that I didn't realize Jinette is standing in front of me looking worried.

"Are you alright?" she asks.

"I'm trying to be."

"I know you're beating yourself up, worried and frustrated about this but you know he only did this to protect you."

"Protect me," I shout at her.

"Maybe he thought he could beat this cancer and spear you the trouble of seeing him like this."

"Spear me the trouble," I repeat.

"Brian calm down"

I sigh getting up walking away, to the room maybe I can get some rest before we land.

I know Jinette is only trying to help but I just need her to leave it alone. let me handle it. If I tell her I will deal with it on my own, she will catch feelings about it and if I don't say anything I will keep snapping at her this is all so frustrating. I know she wants me to count on her, but I counted on granddad too.

I lay on the bed but my eyes wouldn't close. My mind was preoccupied with the thought of granddad. I get up pour myself a glass of scotch.

I remember when I was a boy granddad used to take me fishing. My first catch was a five-pound Snapper.
We stayed at the lake house. He clean and baked the entire thing. I was so excited he gives me the first and biggest piece of it.

He calls me his son, he told everyone if they dare to say otherwise he would skin them alive. He gave me stability and a home with him.

He was there all through my school life, every graduation, debate competition, every sport I ever played in high school, he was always there. Never has he once push me on the nanny, as my father did. granddad was furious when he found out Desmond my father never looked at me nor looked after me. I was ten years old when he took me in.

He was always there, I love him. Now he's dying alone and I couldn't be here for him the way he was for me. He didn't even tell me or let me help him. I couldn't even be there for him, the way he was for me all these years. He even found Jinette for me.

I lean the glass to my head drinking all in one gulp. I put the glass down walking out the room to my seat, as we are about to land.

I send an email to Sean checking to see how he's handling everything. He is acting manager until I return.

Granddad hires Sean soon after graduation because I ask him to. After Sean's interview granddad hire him on the spot, he was sure he was the man for the job.

Sean studies outdoors design, surveying land, and landscaping Architecture, while I study restoration and commercial architecture. We are a good team. while I work on the building he works on the land. We planned to dominate this industry. Look at us now married to the woman of our dreams and working at one of the best architectural companies. Hell, I even run that company.

We land, I unbuckle Jinette seat belt holding her hand leading us off the plane.

We enter the car waiting for us, as Keith place our luggage into the trunk of the car then getting in. He drive off heading to the hospital.

We are heading to the hospital first then to the flat, we have here. All thanks to Jinette, she arranges the entire thing choosing one that is close to the hospital. She made all the necessary arrangements and I'm lucky to have her by my side.

As we approach the building the more uneasy I became, my heart is racing and I couldn't stop shaking my leg. The more on edge I became as the hours turns to minutes then seconds to the hospital. My heart is going off like a rocket in my chest, no matter how I try I can't will myself to calm down. The car stop and Keith exit the car opening the door for me. I hold out my hand to Jinette and help her out the car. She thank me as I place my hand on the small of her back leading her into the hospital.

We walk into the building and walk up  to the reception desk and I'm greeted by a blond nurse who quickly introduced herself as nurse Nuremberg.

"Good evening I'm the grandson of Jorden Chestney," I say showing her my ID.

"Hold on sir let me check his records." I watch patiently on edge as she search through a stack of charts and pull out one. "Ok sir, we were expecting you  and he's in room 104." She further instructs us to the floor and how to get to the room.

We follow the instructions, I walk up to his room door hesitantly, I stand here. Not knowing how to turn the nob on the room door. Jinette takes my hand kissing it she turns the door handle opening the door.
...................................................................
The end

Cliffhanger I just had to 😉

See you next chapter 😁

Remember to vote, comment and shear.