Chapter 42

HAPPY READING 🥰

Chapter 42
Listen while reading I believe in you and me.

Brian POV

I lay on my back, hands behind my head, on my bed in my hotel room and I can't sleep. Same as every night I just lay here thinking about her. How she is, how's our bean doing without me? I miss talking to him. I miss her, her touch, her scent, the way she blushes at my compliment. I crave to be in her arms again. This woman can infuriate and charm me at the same time. I miss it all, every part of her. Since our wedding day, we haven't been apart from each other. We always sleep in the same bed, this is a first and it sucks.

Jinette doesn't want to know the gender of our baby, I went along with it but that's my son she's carrying. I don't know for sure until she gives birth but I have a feeling. I honestly miss her in my arms. I miss everything about her. How she would snuggle up to me when we sleep at night. I wonder how she sleeps when I'm not there.

The past three days have been hard but I believe in what we have. When I see her at the hospital it breaks me when she doesn't look at me or acts as if I'm not there. Am I that easy to be ignored, I always want to reach out, to her just touch her or hold her in my arms.

My phone vibrates next to me. I turn over to see who's calling. Her picture pops up on my screen and it put a smile on my face. She finally reads my message or misses me as I've missed her.

I answer sitting up and putting the phone to my ears.

"Can we talk?" she asks.

"Are you alright Jinette?" I miss her voice it's like music to my ears.

"Yeah, I'm alright. How are you, Brian?"

"I'm not good, wife. I'm not good at all. All this right now..." she cut me off. "Brian, I'm sorry, I now see the video."

"Is that why you call."

"Yes and no, I miss you."

"Are you sorry?"

"Yes, what does that mean? I said I'm sorry."

"It means I have a lot going on and I don't need this right now. I needed your comfort and you to have faith in me. To listen to me against all odds."

Theirs a long pause before she answers.

"I'm ready to listen."

"How many days has it been woman."

"I know. I miss you, Brian."

"Do you miss me, have me sleeping in a hotel room."

"I want it baby, to fix us."

"Now you're ready Jinette, do you?
How many times do I have to prove myself to you before you believe me?"

"Brian." she cries.

After all this time Jinette and all that I've shown you. Don't you think I deserve that much Jinette?"

"Hmm," she hums.

"Words Jinette, I want to hear you say it."

"Yes, Brian you deserve it. But look at it from my point of view."

"Don't you think I did that? I would've listened to you first, given you the benefit of the doubt. That is all I wanted, for you to listen and hear me out."

"I'm listening, I'm listening baby."

"But you kick me out and threw a vase at me, woman."

"Brian, I overreacted and let my temper get the best of me."

"Woman, what exactly is going on in your head that I have to keep proving myself and saying the one thing over and over again? Yet you don't believe a word of it."

"Come over, please" She sobs, "let's talk about it face to face."

"So now you want to talk."

"Brian, you're overreacting right now and I will give you that."

"You didn't even read my messages or answer my calls. How many days has it been?"

"I miss you, baby." she cries.

"Do You?"

"Brian may be calling you was a mistake."

"Is that what we are, a mistake."

"Brian?" she cries into the phone
"That's not fair, I understand you are upset but I called to fix it. Come over, please... Please, baby."

"Not right now Jinette." I cut off whatever she was going to say.

"Brian you're mad, I made a mistake. I should have listened to you but our marriage is not a mistake it's the most important thing for me."

"Is it Jinette? passing me as if I'm some stranger to you or mean nothing to you."

"Where are you, I will..."

I move the phone from my ears gripping it tight. It messes me up to hear her like this. I don't want to add any stress to her especially now that she's pregnant but this needs to be done, how else am I going to make her understand and know that I'm for real? My feelings for her are real.

I place the phone back to my ears and listen as she cries. I have to do this.

"I can't talk right now Jinette."

"Brian, baby."

"Bye"

"I miss you baby and I trust you. I've always trusted you B."

"I have to go Jinette. Bye."

"Please don't go... I'm sorry."

I can't do this. "Goodbye Jinette."

I cut the call pacing around the room trying to stop myself from going to her.

I Sigh sitting down, that's the hardest phone call I've ever had in my life. I miss her so much and I want to hold her in my arms, to kiss her, to smell her strawberry scent body wash. The way she looks at me. I miss it all, everything about her sends me crazy. I need to do this, she needs to understand.

I know she's young, but twenty-four years is enough for her to grow up she going to be a mother soon. The six years difference between us is not enough for her to go off the rails and act like I'm some friend from yesterday. Ignoring me and not picking my calls. Not once did she ask me where I was after she kicked me out.

She should know this is not how we handle anything. Whenever we have a problem, we talk and listen, not putting each other out of the house. That's not how I do things.

She needs to understand.

I lay back but I can't stay still so I get up pacing around my room trying to stop myself from going to her.

What am I doing, I should go to her. She is pregnant. My phone rings again and I rush over to the bed to see if it's her.

"Anna?" I answer.
......................................................................
The end.

Shear vote and comment.