Chapter 49

HAPPY READING 🥰

Chapter 49
Listen while reading Emotions

Brian POV

My head wasn't in the right place today. My stomach was all in knots and I can't believe somehow I'm here burying my old man. There aren't any words to say how I feel but I'm trying my best to put on a brave face to be strong and to push through. He would want me to.

I believe he has given me all I needed to carry on, I just wasn't ready to do it without him.

I made sure everything was on schedule and walk back into the church only to see Desmond whispering to Jinette.

Didn't I talk to this woman, she defies me. On top of all, I have to deal with today she adds this.

If he tries to solicit money from her, I will show him whose boss.

I walk up next to her I can see how anxious she is. I didn't say a single word to her. I look at her sitting down then I look back at Desmond. The look on her face told me she knew I saw her. She looks down but I keep looking at her until one of granddad's business associates approaches me offering his condolences.

A lot of people came out to the funeral service and offer their condolences to me. The Priest starts the program, with his opening words and all I can think of is the memories I shared with granddad and how humble of a man he was, he always looked out for me. I wish to be a fraction of this man he was.

As the service carried on, I was called to do the eulogy. I don't know how I went through it but I did and was met with a standing ovation. I spoke the truth and talked about what he meant to me and all he did for others. The different charities he contributed to everything about his life. I will make sure I keep his legacy alive.

The program went on and one hour later I  was greeting and accepting sympathies and condolence. I can see how he touched so many lives. They were also grateful to be a part of his life.

We are currently in the car heading back home. One more day to go before I can finally lay granddad to rest. He has fought the good fight made it to age 75 now he can be reunited with my grandmother who passed away at age 50. Granddad never dated nor looked at another woman he must have truly love grandma. She was the funniest and most caring woman I've ever know. Their soul will surely rest in peace.

I haven't said a word to Jinette I can see how unease she is, I just kept looking ahead as we were driven home. I ask her for one thing, I know she's stubborn but I thought I made it clear.

I was having a headache I lean my head back onto the car seat rubbing my temple. She reaches over rubbing my thigh but I didn't react. "Are you ok?"

I nod my head closing my eyes. I remember what happened the last time we fought and I can't deal with her the way I want to. I don't want her stressed especially now. But she's pushing my buttons and she knows it. I can't wait for her to give birth. I try my best to be gentle with Jinette to put aside all our tribulations but she's taking my kindness for weakness.

As soon as the car stop I get out holding her hands to help her out of the car. As soon as we enter the house I walk into the bedroom change my clothes and went to the bathroom to take a shower. I needed to wash away this day.

Granddad service was well done I have to contact Mr Smith to find out how was the service in New York.

As I stand under the shower I let myself finally think about it. What did Desmond want? If I find out he ask Jinette for money I will surely flip out. I don't have a problem giving him money is how he went about things. When news got out about granddad illness he never showed up. He went about his merry little way spending money he didn't earn. As soon as he heard of his death, he came running. Not even to see his corps I made sure I called the morgue to find out. Not once didn't he ask about me or how I was and he wants me to continue supporting his lifestyle. He must be crazy, he wants money at his disposal to do as he, please. Who knows what type of lifestyle he leads.