Chapter 29

HAPPY READING 🥰

Chapter 29
Listen while reading higher love

Brian POV

I've been on edge with Jinette being pregnant. I don't want anything to happen to her. I've been frustrating her a bit, being overprotective. But I just can't help it. It is for my sanity, after our talk I'm a little understanding of her feelings.

I'm currently at work after weeks of working from home. I miss her already but if I call this early, she is going to think I'm checking up on her, and it is just 9:45.

There was a knock on my door drifting my thought "Come in" I answer.

"What is it, Jill?"

"Sir, it's Trent Harrison, he's here for his appointment and these are the files you requested." She places the files on my desk and walks back to the door.

"Should I send him in or set up the conference room."

"Here is just fine," I said.

"Is there any other thing sir," she asked.

"No that would be all and send him in." I take off my glasses place them on my desk and close the current design I was working on.

No sooner Trent walked into my office, then I stood and extended my hand to him. we shook hands and I offered him a seat.

"Mr . Harrison, it is a pleasure to meet you, how can I assist you today."

"The pleasure is all mine, Mr. Chesney. It has been a month since I've been trying to obtain this appointment."

"Mr Harrison my schedule has been tight with the current demands amongst other things. you are here now, let's get down to business. How can I help you?"

"I've seen the work you've done for the Blacks industry and I must commend its impressive. I  need something special for the bar chain, I'm about to venture into. It has been a dream of mine since college and now that the opportunity presented itself. I would like your company to handle the face of it. the design and landscape. To date, I have four bars in four different states and they need a new face."

"Okay, that's not a problem. We at Chesney Smith meet you where ever you are. We have contractors in 40 different states and can work around our client schedule and deadline. Now tell me what's the image you have in mind when you look at your bar."

"Well, I had a friend back in college, she sketched some ideas for me. I've kept them and that's the look I'm going with. I was wondering if you can look at them and work around her design since they aren't complete."

"let me have a look."

He hands over the drafts and I went through the design. I study her technique and try to figure out what angle she was drafting from and how to improve on them. This is impressive work for a college student.

"Mr Harrison this is outstanding for a college student I must say. She must be talented."

"Yes she is very much so," he smiled.

When I look up from the papers in my hand he was staring at my wife's picture on my desk. It is a picture of Jinette in her wedding gown in the garden arch holding onto a rose and looking up at it. He is so lost that he didn't even notice me looking at him.

I clear my throat and he diverted his eyes to me. "Beautiful isn't she," I said.

"She looks familiar. Mine if I ask her name."

"Mr Harrison are you here to ask about my wife or do business," I started sternly and firmly letting him know I don't approve of him asking about my wife.