Chapter 48

HAPPY READING 🥰

Chapter 48

Listen while reading❤ goodbye❤

Brian POV

I take my seat opposite Desmond putting on my serious intimidation face and fold my arms. I was ready for business. I want to know why the sudden show of appearance. All these years and never once did he call or try to reach out to me or granddad and now he's here. Why?

"I'm ready to talk." He looks up at me. The look on his face told me he knew I wasn't playing around.

"Lovely wife you have there."

"I know, is that why you're here, to tell me I have a lovely wife."

"I read about the wedding, now she's with child, congratulations."

"You came to congratulate me then."

"Brian, I heard about Dad's death and thought it was time to see you."

"Why."

"I know I was never there for you but I want to be now."

"Do I look like I need a daddy? when I needed one where were you" I look him directly in his eyes.

"Son my emotions get the best of me after I lost your mother. I couldn't face anyone or anything, you reminded me  too much of her."

"Don't call me son?"

"Brian?"

"Why now, don't I still remind you of her. Do you have any idea the burden you've made me carry around? The stress I brought to my lovely wife" I air quote "because of that burden. Do you have any idea the weight of what I walked around with?" I shout at him."

"Son I understand how you feel."

"Do you?"

"I wish for one second you'd looked at me when I was a boy. All the boys had their daddy, playing catch or walking them to school. I wanted to know about my mother, what she looked like. What type of a woman she was but I had nothing from you.  I'm a man now I don't need those things anymore."

"You don't understand your mother was my greatest love, my everything. She was beautiful, smart and loved life but.."

"I understand perfectly, now tell me what can I do for you." I cut him off.

"Brian, we were to be a family, the three of us but I came home to an empty house. She wasn't there and I couldn't handle it, I was tired of this world, I tried to keep it together but in the end, it became too much for me."

"Granddad didn't raise no quitter, you man up and take care of your responsibilities regardless."

"I see he did a great job with you. More than I could've ever done."

"Damn right he did. Why are you here."

"I've kept in contact with dad over the years, he made monthly payments to my account and releases a certain amount every month."

I stand up, I look at this man in horror in front of me. "The Fuck, that's why you came, to know if I will stop or continue putting money in your account."

"It's not entirely why I'm here I want to get to know you son."

"Believe me, I will check with the accountant and release whatever granddad put in that account for you and trust me when I tell you, once that money is depleted you're cut off for life. You are dead to me."

"Son it's not like that, I care about you."

"You care about me, you will never be half the man granddad was, never in your miserable life. You checked up on granddad so you can receive money but you couldn't call me once."