14. 𝐀𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 ❀

"I'm scared, you started becoming more to me than myself

"I'm scared, you started becoming more to me than myself.."

✫-----✫-----✫-----✫-----✫

(Author's POV)

Neum was fixing her books on the shelf. It's early morning, the sun rays filtered through the curtain giving the room a golden reflection glow. She smiled as she stood behind the stair of the balcony feeling the early wind passing through her sides. She hanged a soil pot of asters on the railings and smiled watching the blooming blue colour on the malleable petals.

She took a long breadth then exhaled, "I love spring." She mumbled.

"Neum!"

"Huh?" She turned to see her colleague Dr. Lee standing outside her cabin.

"What happened Doctor?" Asked she.

"Chief want you in his office...he asked me to inform you." Dr. Lee exclaimed and left.

'Why do he want to see me? gosh, what have I done now?' - Neum thought.

Without wasting any time, she walked out of her cabin and slowly entered Chief's room knocking the door.

"Oh Miss Kang..take a seat please." The old wrinkle covered man said to which she obeyed and took a seat parallel to him.

"Chief...Mr. Lee told me....you want to meet me?" She said.

Mr. Knits didn't said anything and took out an envelope from his drawer and handed it to her. She looked at his as confusion was clearly written on her face.

"What is this for Chief?"

"I suggest you to take a look at it by yourself Miss Kang. " the man exclaimed calmly.

She looked at the envelope and examined it. She gulped before tearing the tip of the envelope pulling out the paper from it.

She opened the folded paper and read it.

The ground slipped under her feet when she take a look at it. She got up and again read it carefully. Tears slipped from the sides of her eyes.

"Wha-what is ...this s-sir?..." she asked him in disbelief.

Mr. Knits sighed and lightened his cigarette before he spoke, "Your Resignation certificate Miss Kang."

He sounded like it's not a big deal for him which fueled Neum's anger more. How can he do this to her? Her hardwork, her loyalty, her degree all are just for him? She couldn't believe what's happening.....and the more worst thing of all is she doesn't even know why is she getting fired.

"But what have I done?!" She nearly yelled at him making Mr. Knits glare at her.

"Lower your voice young lady...I'm not that your earlier Chief who will take all your tantrums and disrespect. " he gritted his teeth.