29. 𝐍𝐨 𝐄𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐞

<<<━━━  ▪︎ ● ▪︎ ━━━ >>>

<<<━━━ ▪︎ ● ▪━━━ >>>

10:43 ᴀᴍ, sᴀɴ ғʀᴀɴᴄɪsᴄᴏ, ᴀᴍᴇʀɪᴄᴀ.

Three weeks later,

(Jungkook's POV)

Snow,

Snow is all I see standing 256 metres above from the land watching people busy in this hussle bussle of life. I stood there in empty and silence puffing the smoke of cigar.

Life is so delicate. Yet people plan and dream about future so confidently. No one knows what's going to happen next in their life yet they promise to spend life together like they have control over their future.

I chuckled and took another smoke of cigar.

Just like Taehyung and my sweet little Neum, living their life here in a fairy tale world unaware of the storm waiting for them to get off guarded, so that he can tear down every happiness from their life completely.

"Jungkook."

I sighed and turned around to see Jimin walking inside the room.

I threw the half used cigar into the dustbin. Dipping my hands in pocket, I sat on chair.

"Come in Mr. Miller." As he pronounced loudly, a native American man in his 50's walked inside with a dirty yellowish wide grin on his face.

"Meet Mr. Jeon Jungkook, Chairman of Jeon's technical and airlines corporation." Jimin introduced as I signaled the man to take a seat.

"Hello Mr. Jeon." He greeted and took a seat.

"I hope Jimin has explained you very well about the purpose I called you here." I said straight forward, not wanting to explain everything from 'A' to 'Z'. The man then glanced at Jimin and then turned his gaze towards me with a shy yet confused expression stamped on his face.

"Umm yes but I can't understand why do you want to buy assets of our company sir? It's already in loss and what will you gain from-"

I dismissed his sentence in midway, signalling him to stop. I don't like when people try to intervene my intentions. Well it's the last thing I wanted to do, explaining why I brought his down market company.

"Pay attention on eating mangoes, not in counting trees or any superfluous things." stating it, I handed him a cheque with my signature on it.

"Here's your twenty eight billion."

That old man's eyes crinkled with happiness as he examined the cheque and oviously the amount written on it. A sly smirk played on my lips as the glimpse of my plan crossed in my mind.

The man nodded and walked out of the hotel room.

Greed.

The root of every sins.